Lego Stuff

Author Topic: Lego Stuff  (Read 898652 times)

No, seriously, why are lego prices so high? I mean I know oil is a commodity nowadays but come on, $200 for some specially molded pieces of plastic?

No, seriously, why are lego prices so high? I mean I know oil is a commodity nowadays but come on, $200 for some specially molded pieces of plastic?
supply and demand, people kept buyin em when they raised the prices so they continue to do so until something bad happens. I remember hearing they were also so expensive to cover licensing costs, which is why smaller lego star wars sets costed more than lego city sets, but this could be misinformation

lego has a high standard for what pieces are acceptable. also not all plastic qualities are the same. the reason you never have to deal with parts not fitting together tightly like maybe some other brands is because lego has an incredibly low margin of error and uses high quality plastic
The moulds used in production are accurate to within two-thousandth of a millimeter (0.002 mm). As a testament of the company's high quality standards, LEGO claims that all its pieces made from 1958 till now, regardless of its origin, remain fully compatible with one another.
text ripped from this article
think about that, lego has to accurately color and shape hundreds to thousands of bricks per set so that they are compatible with no issue.
plus as camel just said, licensed sets will always be a little more expensive for the amount of bricks that you get.
just because lego are considered a toy company people think it's ridiculous that they have plenty of sets that are over 100 dollars, but i don't see lego as any different from any other hobby that requires hundreds of dollars put into it.

I'm not sure if a part count for the Y-Wing set has been released but considering it's $200 it should have roughly 2,000 individual bricks that all fit together perfectly. maybe less considering it's a licensed star wars set.

edit: also if i remember correctly, in the early 2000's they were actually under-pricing a lot of their sets and were facing bankruptcy before they raised the price again.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:38:51 PM by Brickman »

lego has a high standard for what pieces are acceptable.
What can I say? I'm a perfectionist

this woulda worked better with my lego lad account :C

test. why did the guy say it was too old to bump?

Because it was for a while, but I guess theres some weird thing where for a period of time the last person who posted can still edit their post and make the thread bumpable again.

The first actual lego set i ever got was the ever so classic krusty krab set

Also something that pissed me of was that the short legs for minifigs werent poseable, so whenever i wanted spongebob to move his legs i had to switch it to a regular pair of minifig legs

The first actual lego set i ever got was the ever so classic krusty krab set
-snip-

Also something that pissed me of was that the short legs for minifigs werent poseable, so whenever i wanted spongebob to move his legs i had to switch it to a regular pair of minifig legs

LEGOs will never be the same.

yeah, what the hell, who decided to make small legs unable to bend? they suck.

I like how Plankton is just a 1x1 cylinder lmfao

i might ask for some lego stuff for my b-day...

I used to have some battle scenes and stuff set up that i would post rn but

my forgetign cousins destroyed it :(

remember to check out the may 4th sale nerds