Author Topic: Garrysmod Server - CLOSED  (Read 4419 times)

Because I already made this, and it says in the title if my server is opened or closed
i dont see why i should just close this and put it in your mega thread :/

Because I already made this, and it says in the title if my server is opened or closed
i dont see why i should just close this and put it in your mega thread :/

People just can't see if you're on gmod and go "are you hosting your server?" ? Or you change your steam name to "Dropshock - SRV UP!" to tell others? Since you don't seem to have the server up for that long, I doubt anyone checking blockland forums would be in that 10 minute period of your server uptime. Then see "Garrysmod Server - OPEN" and be like OMG YAY and join it.

I didnt have it up for that long this time because I crashed then started to play oblivion again
I sometimes have it up for maybe an hour or two if I feel like it.
Also, Most of my friends do ask me if the servers up. But the way you're putting it, you make it sound like i shouldnt even post about my garrysmod server at all making it pointless for you to say that I should post about it in your megathread.

Who cares if he has his own thread, Just do not read it. People will still post in yours JSK.

I noticed it doesn't show in the master server, either. It says something about posting it to the master server and everything.

I'm really, really confused right now.

It works in Blockland just fine. Forwarded everything like you did, and it doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: also connect (current ip) didn't work.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 09:29:15 PM by n0cturni »

It will show up in the master server if it is up.
Also connect ip:port will work if it is up.

If they don't work then you messed up somehow.
Post a printscreen of your router page where it shows how you set up the ports.

Ok, I'll do that tomorrow when I get up or something. Rageplaying TF2 right now.

If the server's up tomorrow, I'll come if I can.

It will show up in the master server if it is up.
Also connect ip:port will work if it is up.

If they don't work then you messed up somehow.
Post a printscreen of your router page where it shows how you set up the ports.

Ok, here it is.

Look at service name, That might be what  would put your ports in automatically.

Nothing is there for it.

Service name has no bearing other than a way to index it as something. Just a title.

I don't see why it's messed it :(.

I noticed that no matter what I do, the server's IP is 10.0.0.X.

I guess Blockland detects that it isn't the actual IP, and Steam doesn't.

Did you try getting your computer's local IP?

Start>Run>CMD

Type:
IPconfig

look for the number under IP Address.