Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3854340 times)

Erm, no. Those models are not original. I'm just copying TF2 models. Remodeling them.
How did you get good pictures of the weapons?
EDIT:My Brickarms M1 Garand for blockland
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:19:21 AM by Shocked »

How did you get good pictures of the weapons?
I take it a step further. I happen to own the game so I just rip the models straight out of the game and model on top of them, going into obsessive compulsive levels of making sure each vertex is just in the right place and that all angles of the faces are perfect.

Of course the models are not exact copies. I blockify them and cut a few corners here and there to keep the amount of faces from going overboard.

Wait how do you rip them?

I'm a wizard with the power of Google.

A wizard with the power of google... genious...
Internet troubles are preventing me from posting anything, eventually I will.

I take it a step further. I happen to own the game so I just rip the models straight out of the game and model on top of them, going into obsessive compulsive levels of making sure each vertex is just in the right place and that all angles of the faces are perfect.

---

Of course the models are not exact copies. I blockify them and cut a few corners here and there to keep the amount of faces from going overboard.

Damn haha. With such precision I feel you're better off duplicating parts of the model whole and using the merge vertices function to cut down on faces.

Keep up the good work man.

Damn haha. With such precision I feel you're better off duplicating parts of the model whole and using the merge vertices function to cut down on faces.

Keep up the good work man.
Never! I would never do such thing. Besides I'm obsessed with grids and if stuff isn't on the grid I pull my hair out. Takes more time but I have much more control over the model and I'm more happy with it overall. Though lately I've been trying to cut down on the precision of the models. Rather than aligning everything perfectly with the smallest grid size, I now use the second smallest. =D

Also holy stuff. My TF2 resupply project almost done. The health kits work perfect. Though the ammo system needs much more research and time. Releasing soon?

Yes! Demian great work and I just recently made a TF2 map so can't wait!

Why is it that evoryone have TF2? :c

Why is it that evoryone have TF2? :c

cause everyone bought it

I have tf2,half-life 2,insurgency,empires mod,pirates knights and viking,etc.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:13:50 PM by Shocked »

thats because you asked me for cod2 instead
This isn't related to the topic but what anime is your avatar from?