The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3837550 times)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=21566
Sorry if I'm being mean or anything, but this will never get ingame.
It's got clipping, bad textures, wierd shape and doesn't fit the TF2 style at all.

Sorry if I'm being mean or anything, but this will never get ingame.
It's got clipping, bad textures, wierd shape and doesn't fit the TF2 style at all.
A considerable amount of community-created items have clipping issues, some bigger and some smaller, but I do agree the texturing and shape needs more work. Thanks for pointing it out anyway.

Featuring... The Burly Rocket Launcher Wielding Pirate On Skis!

(head won't be this low down with epaulets on, I just forgot to play the appropriate animation)

Also ogre

Basically I managed to make a custom playertype and remade all the animations and added default nodes. Colours and faces/decals change according to what you've set in the avatar menu, but the coder has yet to add support for the nodes.

There are a few minor clipping errors that I hope to negate soon, and I might make the feet smaller, but other than that the model's done. The fact that I've got a fully functioning rig with all the animations is awesome because I can basically make any custom humanoid playertype I want pretty damn easily.

Bonus... IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE

Very nice Tophius!

Also:

If only you could attach an actual light and not just the sprite, then it might be a bit nicer

And if you could have a blue light too

Actual light can be attached, but they are messy because when you hit the light limit the police lights stop working. Otherwise they would be cooler indeed.

And the light is red because it was sort of red back then.

Your cars are the best, Barney.

Why would you have the poster on background? It's harder to make out the details of the gun.

sry bb, i'll get new pics

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=21566

"That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author."

I'm guessing it's the Brainshield?

"That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author."

I'm guessing it's the Brainshield?
Yeah, I removed it because I realized I need to work more on the texturing. Will reupload later, working on another item at the moment.