Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3916584 times)

that green is ugly. so is the revolvers handle, the gold on the ak, and the brown on the scar and the second gun. lik ethem though, very nice.

I dun figured out HDRI. It takes a loving beast of a machine to render higher res/sample images than this. ~30 minutes @ 100% CPU usage with 16 samples and a few samples on the sun lamp. I didn't even dare to texture anything or even think about reflections.

Wondering why nearly every HDRI render has DOF? This is why. View the image for glorious details.

LVL. 80 Cum mander

ya i finali unlocked it

LVL. 80 Cum mander

ya i finali unlocked it
Is the barrel supposed to be sticking out of that from that front metal piece there?

This portion of the model is nearly done, but the texturing is barely started.
I still need to do the pants, boots, and gloves.

Been workin on mechs again.

Heres Catapult:

The close to final product

I may resize legs or remodel them

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:16:19 PM by Lunar »

Anyone know how to bake ambient occlusion onto a model's original UV map in 3ds max? I imported a metro cop helmet from HL2, and whenever I bake AO it's always mapped a little bit differently than the model is.

Is the barrel supposed to be sticking out of that from that front metal piece there?
Very short suppressor?
Also, you unlock that at level 14 dumbass.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=139047.msg5214919#msg5214919
If anyone could help out that'd be nice
I'll record you a video of me modeling the entire barrel. I'll try to do it today.

Very short suppressor?
Also, you unlock that at level 14 dumbass.
He was joking about the level, no need to be harsh.

I have 9 GB of HDRI images. All from various free sites and most of them are above 6k pixels in resolution. I feel all warm and fuzzy now.
Edit: I just realized that I downloaded over 10GB of stuff from the internet in roughly 30 minutes. Awww yeaah.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:08:45 AM by Demian »

Some Lunar wanted to make a tutorial for how to transmit the animation from 2.62 to 2.49 but he never loving did.