Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3853330 times)

blender is taking forever to render my animation
*my hardware

you can NEVER have enough revolvers, that's a fact.
This man is correct.
Do a Smith & Wesson 500

So should I 3D print it? Shapeways' estimate is only $6.00 for white plastic ($100 if I want it in pure silver). It is 1.5 inches tall, the same height as a lego minifigure. Completely watertight and manifold.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:49:00 PM by Nasoa »

"This model is no longer publicly available"

How coincidental, Nasoa. I did the same thing. I was gonna 3D print a blockhead with legs. Would you mind giving me the model in .obj form? Your legs look much better and I wanted to 3D print it as well.

So yeah i've updated it

-snip-
make the legs and arms attached by thin pieces of wire so it looked like normal blockheads

make the legs and arms attached by thin pieces of wire so it looked like normal blockheads
I'd actually prefer it with the arms and legs, even if what you said work even though it pretty much wouldn't

can't really do that with 3D printing, it would fall apart too easily. I don't think it would look very good either.

So should I 3D print it?
Yes do it, and take good pics too

Am I the only one that thinks all arms and legs anyone has ever made just look awful in comparison to the original even if they're for the purpose of 3d printing?

I think Nasoa's look pretty good

What should I order it in, white plastic? Alumide? Frosted?
http://www.shapeways.com/materials