Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3799541 times)

Are you sure you selected bevel? Try again
Edit: Got it i was in object mode :D

Where do you select bevel?

When you press w a pop out menu should come and bevel should be somewhere on it

When you press w a pop out menu should come and bevel should be somewhere on it
It was it was my bad not being in edit mode, another quick question how do you change the selection type, like the hot key for that?

It was it was my bad not being in edit mode, another quick question how do you change the selection type, like the hot key for that?

Tab will go in and out of edit mode, It changes from edit mode to what you were in when you pressed it

You and Nethog mostly.

Not that it's a bad thing or an insult, just stating.
if i wanted to i could have good grammer

but i dont really care on these forums

I challenged myself to make the simplest Ruger MKII I possible could while keeping good looking internals, and a movable bolt that didn't show backfaces.

Hells yeah! 144 polys.
Not bad... right? ...am I right? :c

I challenged myself to make the simplest Ruger MKII I possible could while keeping good looking internals, and a movable bolt that didn't show backfaces.
Hells yeah! 144 polys.
Not bad... right? ...am I right? :c
The barrel doesn't fit too well into the rest of it, but it looks pretty cool.

The barrel doesn't fit too well into the rest of it, but it looks pretty cool.
Yeah, I wanted it to be a little better, but simplicity really limits what I can do.

A car.

Is that just a texture on the tire or some fancy side view thing that goes on the model somehow?

Is that just a texture on the tire or some fancy side view thing that goes on the model somehow?

I think it's his blueprint

but why is it on the model? did he put it on as a texture or does his program just put it on the model?

but why is it on the model? did he put it on as a texture or does his program just put it on the model?
He most likely put it there, the program is blender

It's so orriginal, and it's boxxy.

I was messing around with welding, unwelding, and tile texture mapper, and I got a good flat, yet smooth shading that looks a lot better.

If there is one thing I dislike about Blender is that you can only make smoothing groups by actually separating faces. (2.49, not  sure how it works in the new one)