Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3854345 times)

I cannot see stuff. Either make the light or the background brighter.

i can see everything fine

I cannot see stuff. Either make the light or the background brighter.
hello i fixed it im sorry

WELCOME TO FOULPRAIRIEDOG'S stuffSEEING TOUR

i love me my white bullets
ill re-render it with a white background

Yeah, I could have smoothed it, but I was rushing to get it online.

Frankly even with smoothing that feels like it's just way too many vertices. I am of the general opinion that any sort of curve/hole in Blockland shouldn't exceed 8, maybe 10 sides, and that level of circle seems to me like it'd be really out of place.
And that's not just necessarily a matter of personal preference or art style, but also functionality. That level of curving is for a grip designed to accomodate a human hand's palm comfortable. Blockhead's have a flat surface for a palm and they would look very silly holding that, not to mention how uncomfortable they'd be.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:56:57 PM by .::Taboo::. »

Frankly even with smoothing that feels like it's just way too many vertices. I am of the general opinion that any sort of curve/hole in Blockland shouldn't exceed 8, maybe 10 sides, and that level of circle seems to me like it'd be really out of place.
Oh, okay. I thought you were upset by the triangulation, but I'll make the hole octagonal.

That too, though I figured it might have just been p3d being wonky.

There ya go, updated. Triangulation should be fixed and that circle is now very octagonal looking.

traced (model tracing?) some wall-e stencil art and it came out like this

There ya go, updated. Triangulation should be fixed and that circle is now very octagonal looking.
Ah yes, that looks far better.

traced (model tracing?) some wall-e stencil art and it came out like this
That looks super cool and kinda trippy.

WIP Tesla Roadster! Fairly early stages of modeling it. Still have some adjustments to do with the headlights as well...