The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3838461 times)

i would love to see that in bl

rip comfy roadtrip servers

162k tris lmao is this for a prerendered video or something

also now i want to make a comfy campervan thing rip

162k tris lmao is this for a prerendered video or something

Tbh with all subsurf modifiers off it's closer to like 15k but that's still too much for blockland and it doesn't have an interior. Also it's for a multimaterial 3d printer but I really can't say what it's for due to NDA

Bonus pic of other running project (placeholder materials, no detail and obviousy it has no inside lol)

Guess the model (the model not that's it's a mercedes everyone can see that)

190e?
no that doesnt have the chrome trim and it has 6 slots in the grille instead of the 8 in the model

Tbh with all subsurf modifiers off it's closer to like 15k but that's still too much for blockland and it doesn't have an interior. Also it's for a multimaterial 3d printer but I really can't say what it's for due to NDA
15k isn't that big of a deal tbh

15k isn't that big of a deal tbh
so far blockland has crashed whenever I try to spawn a 12k+ vehicle

we need to make this a reality

so i want to unwrap my face as a texture i can use for a dts model, but because all the color was saved per-vertex, i could only get the texture unwrapped like this:

which causes the model to look like this when i crush the poly count down to something that can actually be exported as a dts:

is there any way i can convert the colors to a texture that can properly be unwrapped so that it can be applied to a lower poly model and not look like ass? or will i just have to UV wrap the original photo over the model?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 12:46:40 AM by mod-man »

A face only a mother could love.

probably might want to look into baking vertex colors to a texture. you can even bake the texture from one uv layout to another as long as the vertex count in the UVs are identical. i haven't really toyed with this stuff before but it sounds like to me that this would just be a lot easier done by manually unwrapping the original texture to the model

Bonus pic of other running project (placeholder materials, no detail and obviousy it has no inside lol)

Guess the model (the model not that's it's a mercedes everyone can see that)
[u rl=https://orig00.deviantart.net/0c70/f/2017/277/0/a/mercedes_wip__haha_i_didnt_include_the_model_name__by_willempieces-dbpipa3.png][im g width=1000]https://orig00.deviantart.net/0c70/f/2017/277/0/a/mercedes_wip__haha_i_didnt_include_the_model_name__by_willempieces-dbpipa3.png[/img][/url]

Nice W-126 Benz

Nice W-126 Benz
Ding ding ding

Progress pic, click for 4k
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:22:15 PM by TheArmyGuy »