Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3772535 times)

made this in an hour not bad, for school

that really looks like a recolored hat in time

first time sculpting in years and also first time sculpting with any actual knowledge of how to use the tools. not completely garbage and at least the face is cute?

bonus picture of base model that wasn't actually intended for being used for sculpting at all:

you should do like a stream or some sort of video of you modeling because i really want to get into low poly character modeling in blender but i dont know the process for designing such things. i mostly worked in sketchup for a lot of time and its pretty much useless for the projects im now working on

i suggest looking at lots of low poly faces their wireframe in Sketchfab and using them as reference
i suck at explaining my progress but here is a wireframe of the face, i use a bumpmap for the mouth, i stole this from Slime Rancher
for the hair i just used the smooth and hard edges, when i make hair quickly in low poly i make streaks with a hard edge
idk if this is helpful but ya i suck at this!!, i use Maya btw, i probably unlearned blender by now

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 04:46:24 PM by hootaloo »

yeah thats really helpful. the hard edge and smoothed hair is a nice trick

i have no clue why i made this model other than the fact that metools are my fav enemy from the rockman/megaman series

maybe because im a weird person

yeah thats probably it

rockman/megaman
you don't have to mention alternate titles for games every single time

you should do like a stream or some sort of video of you modeling because i really want to get into low poly character modeling in blender but i dont know the process for designing such things. i mostly worked in sketchup for a lot of time and its pretty much useless for the projects im now working on
top 10 anime redemption arcs

top 10 anime redemption arcs
im still loyal to sketchup im just going through a phase rn...

i have no clue why i made this model other than the fact that metools are my fav enemy from the rockman/megaman series

maybe because im a weird person

yeah thats probably it
Yknow this actual looks, kinda decent.