The new and improved 3D model topic!

Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3772298 times)

you can use it for 4 years and no they dont check but all your files are marked, at least the .mb files

Thats why you bring your FBX files into Blender and export again.

great work phantos! you should try making organic character sculpts for unity

slowly improving at animation
now to add some blendshape facial-expressions
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:16:28 AM by sleep »

slowly improving at animation
now to add some blendshape facial-expressions

it weirdly accelerates in the middle of its jump

the horizontal speed should be constant

it weirdly accelerates in the middle of its jump

the horizontal speed should be constant

or do you mean something else?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:16:54 AM by sleep »

think about motion using physics probably will help

the gist being: once you’re in the air, the only force acting on you is graviy: you dont slow down or speed up horizontally in any meaningful way in the air due to air resistance being negligible, and no friction from the ground to slow you down/let you push yourself faster. always try to identify the forces in a motion and then using those to guide the higher-level movement

also when you jump, the force propelling you up comes from you extending your legs straight from a crouched position (action-reaction) - rn your dude just pops up in the air with his legs bent through the whole process. have him straighten as he comes up into the air, then re-crouch while in the air, if you want him to be crouching while jumping.

yeah i learned this a few years ago in school, did forget to apply the leg thing tho but thats an easy fix

a good trick i learned is that when you begin the jump cycle and the body begins to move upward, make sure the feet have a y position of 0 and are stuck to the ground until the leg is completely extended. after that point you can do anything you want with them in the air and it'll still look natural

a good trick i learned is that when you begin the jump cycle and the body begins to move upward, make sure the feet have a y position of 0 and are stuck to the ground until the leg is completely extended. after that point you can do anything you want with them in the air and it'll still look natural
thanks man that trick will save me some time, real easy solution

this is like the best tip ever

Yeah his legs need to actually propel him upwards. What kind of reference are you using for the animation?

Get some. Even if it's recording yourself reacting the animation.

maybe for more complicated movement