Author Topic: Creating A Custom Tire?  (Read 1476 times)

How would I do this? When I export it to Torque DTS Plus, and I click "create bounds", it doesn't work. So I thought I would make one myself.
How would I create a bounding box.
I'm not looking to make a complicated one, just a box.

By the way, I'm using Milkshape 3D.

Solved.

Ok, so I got my vehicle out there. It tilts.. a lot. I've centered the vehicle on the grid, I've messed with the spring script, and it still tilts.
How can I fix this?

Solved.

If I make a custom tire/wheel, is there anything I need to add, like a certain named joint, or animation?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:11:54 AM by Azerath »

Is that about collison? I'm sure the option is there somewhere on the export thing.

Yes... I tried it. It had a button labeled "Make Bounds" and when I click it, it doesn't work.
And now I'm not going to do that other export option, because then I can't flatshade the model.

No. Wrong method.

Do this: "Create Bounds" then click "Apply"

That worked, and I have done that before and it didn't.
Thanks for the help Jaydee.

Double Post.

It seems I still have a problem. Blockland crashes when I try to spawn it. I looked in the console, and it didn't say anything.

Double Post.

It seems I still have a problem. Blockland crashes when I try to spawn it. I looked in the console, and it didn't say anything.
Is your collision set to -1 in the exporter, also, make sure you name it collision-1.

Double Post.

The bounding box is beyond the spawn floor (a.k.a. too big) OR there is no collision.

The spawn point must be lower than the bottom of the bounding box, also the collision must be inside the bounding box.

Create a box around your model, and call it collision-1, then set all LOD's to one besides the collision. Create bounds and export the model.

Thanks guys.

Now all I need to do is figure out why it's tilting so much, and why I can't paint it.

Thanks guys.

Now all I need to do is figure out why it's tilting so much, and why I can't paint it.

The painting is a two-step process. You have to make the textures in milkshape the same that are in the jeep.zip addon (blank, black, black25, black50, ect). You also have to change the script to make it repaintable.

As for the tilting, I'm not sure.

The painting is a two-step process. You have to make the textures in milkshape the same that are in the jeep.zip addon (blank, black, black25, black50, ect). You also have to change the script to make it repaintable.

As for the tilting, I'm not sure.
Thanks. That helps a lot. :)

Thanks guys.

Center the vehicle on the XYZ axis thing

Ok, I tried centering it on the grid, I've tried centering it on the bottom of the vehicle, and it still tilts.