Author Topic: (Tutorial) How To Port Forward On a Mac  (Read 60361 times)

First what you do is Open up Airport Utility, Then click in the menu "File" and go down to "Configure Other"

Then this menu will pop up

Enter into it your routers LAN IP address (for most it is 10.0.1.1) and your WPA Password (another menu will pop up and you have to enter it again)

^
Then Click the Button that says advanced, and another menu will pop up

Click Port Mapping and then the "+" symbol

Add what I have here and then add your LAN IP Address (Not WAN)

After that click the "Continue" button and let your airport restart, After that is done you should be able to host.

Now, don't host horrible servers.

FINALLY. '

oops. accident.

Thats ok, just remember not to do it again, and I am glad that it could help you.

K well i got to the part but the box where you forward the ports is different than these and the ip address sais 10.0.1.2.X (x being where i put mine in) but my IPv4 is 10.0.1.4. Im confused.

i have a mac but not a apple wireless. how am i supposed to change it then. do i have to login to the wireless server or just give up and not bother trying to change the port and not have an internet.

plz help help me

i have a mac but not a apple wireless. how am i supposed to change it then. do i have to login to the wireless server or just give up and not bother trying to change the port and not have an internet.

plz help help me
google my ip address, copy and paste your ip address into your address bar.

where is your ip adress. do i paste it into airport setup, internet adress bar or onto my wireless server?

where is your ip adress. do i paste it into airport setup, internet adress bar or onto my wireless server?
oh i get it now what you mean.
on a bad note it still wont work. i'll kep on trying untill sumone replys

That is your external IP, not internal. They are different.

An Armed Man V3 - Follow the guide in the OP, it should work. If not you may need to ask your parents for help.

That is your external IP, not internal. They are different.

An Armed Man V3 - Follow the guide in the OP, it should work. If not you may need to ask your parents for help.

i have followed the OP guild and i have asked my parents (my parents have windows so they would know nothing about macs)
just to tell what i am doing,
1. google my IP adress
2.copy and paste the IP into airport utility
i press ok or what ever it is and then it takes ages to load and then says that no airport or wireless was found

Nooooo, dont google my IP. As I said, that is your external IP not internal. I hate it when people say things like this, it confuses everyone.

Try 10.1.1.1
Quote from: OP
Enter into it your routers LAN IP address (for most it is 10.0.1.1) and your WPA Password (another menu will pop up and you have to enter it again)

Nooooo, dont google my IP. As I said, that is your external IP not internal. I hate it when people say things like this, it confuses everyone.

Try 10.1.1.1

Three 1's?

Ahhh lol, 10.0.1.1   sorry, my routers default is 10.1.1.1 :3

Ahhh lol, 10.0.1.1   sorry, my routers default is 10.1.1.1 :3

lolz