Author Topic: Need an icon  (Read 3404 times)

I'm making some cool effects =D

Oooh I can't wait to see what you'll make with this then.

Do the models work fine? I wasn't really sure about the vehicle-esq one, I just removed all joints and added a collision box and a Line Of Sight Collision mesh (to check for things like projectile collisions).

The green color is kinda... Too green. Make it Darker, like olive if you can. I have to get the animations to play, and other things. The model looks great in game, and I like the side ways holding thing. I have to fix some stuff in the script. Re-color it darker and uh.... Then the model is pretty much done. It's cool. Maybe like the color of this shirt:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:13:31 PM by AGlass0fMilk »

The green color is kinda... Too green. Make it Darker, like olive if you can.

I was thinking about that. You can do a colorShift on held items and vehicles, actually vehicles have the bonus of being re-paintable so you could even camouflage the mine depending on where it's laying simply by spray painting it. Would you just want me to give the model the proper textures to make it colorShift friendly and you could fidget with the colorShift line in the script?

Also the animation sequence is called "activate", so in your item imageStates you can simply add stateSequence[probably 0] = "activate";

Ok, well you can make it paint-able. I like the model a lot. I have some of the cool effects done, but I need to fix them.

What a jackass, you knew I was making a landmine and you even tried to help.

Sorry, I didn't know how to do it back then. Now I do and I want to make it. Oh and by the way, what are the arguments for GameConnection::SpawnPlayer? Nevermind, I just need to know how to force someone to crouch, I could use crouch(); but if I don't have a way of turning it off, they will just crouch forever... How would I do this? Anyone know?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:59:52 PM by AGlass0fMilk »

Here's the repaintable version, this should make for some cool on-the-go camouflaging

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=70d5a343e1964d017432d3c9683f450a3332f119106ec6de5be6ba49b5870170

Sorry, I didn't know how to do it back then. Now I do and I want to make it. Oh and by the way, what are the arguments for GameConnection::SpawnPlayer?

Oy can't help you there man, I barely know the basics of torquescript.

Edit: Oh cool you got it.

Heedi a landmine has been made before... I'm uploading a video of my try at it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 03:03:00 PM by Jimmg »

Friendly competition isn't bad, if anything it pushes people to work harder on the product. It's a good thing

-Snip-
Nevermind, I got it to work, I played the crouch thread instead of crouch(); So now once they die they go back to normal... But with improvements comes loss... The crouch movement animation is gone so it looks like they're sliding... if someone could help me fix that, it'd be appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:08:47 PM by AGlass0fMilk »

The forget you doing?

Okay well, I got that working for now. I'm going to play ping pong, I'll work on it later.

My youtube video is almost up I'll edit this post once it's done.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:06:57 PM by Jimmg »

:u Never mind

Caught it, I saw the LOS collision worked since if you tried to throw a mine on top of another it would just vanish, hmm