Author Topic: HIV-Positive and Aids.  (Read 3425 times)

My sister is being a loving bitch lately since we are reading this one class lecture that this one girl is infected with HIV.

I told her what the book is about and that the girl is making to much drama out of it. Just because she's HIV Positive it doesn't mean that she will die.
Than my sister totally thinks shes the best and she knows anything telling me that HIV is aids and that she has the rights to make a drama about her being positive.

What the hell. As far as I know and I learned, HIV is not aids. You can get HIV yet if you live in good standing you'll never get aids infected. Now tell me, am I wrong? Is my teacher giving me wrong facts?
It's really annoying.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:38:27 PM by WhoDa? »

I thought you said HEV.  Also, you are correct.

Well no. HIV positive people are going to die 100% chance. AIDS is essentially a result of HIV

I know that you can die because of being HIV positive but you can be HIV positive and not having aids.

My sister is just being a bitch about thinking that HIV is the medicine word for aids.

then you should capitalize AIDS.

HIV is the medicine word for aids.
That is a lie.
people are going to die 100% chance.
Clever deduction there.

Well no. HIV positive people are going to die 100% chance. AIDS is essentially a result of HIV
Well yes technically they will die, everyone dies. But otherwise you're wrong. Just because you have HIV doesn't mean you'll get AIDS.

The best thing was after our discussion.

She: Well, I will forgive you this time because you're 15 and a guy. There are facst that boys are always acting three years younger than they actually are.

HIV = Human Immunodeficiency Virus
AIDS = Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome

Basically, once HIV does some damage to you, you have AIDS.

HIV causes AIDS, nuff said

HIV = Human Immunodeficiency Virus
AIDS = Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome

Basically, once HIV does some damage to you, you have AIDS.

With a good and adequate nutrition and some activity like doing some sport your body creates more cells and T-Helper cells to delay the infection of aids.

With a good and adequate nutrition and some activity like doing some sport your body creates more cells and T-Helper cells to delay the infection of aids.

Yeah but that delay isn't nearly enough to stop it. Maybe extend your life by 5 years but once HIV mutates and leads to AIDS you're forgeted. Currently all you can do is delay it.

The problem with HIV is that it mutates and you can never really get rid of it. It sneaks around your body's defenses through a long chain of mutations and eventually reaches the white blood T cells, which it then infects.

Once this occurs, it's irreversible. HIV eventually mutates again leading to a hyper-efficient infection of the T-cells which your body can no longer recover from, you lose immunity defenses and you die. You cannot wake up one day and say "Hooray I'm cured and don't have HIV anymore!" you still have it. Your body can't kill it off and there is no known vaccine or cure against it. You CAN delay it though, but you're still always infected (see HAART).

You are right, also no matter what happens to people, they still die. "Oh god that was a long piss" Still could lead to death via age, no matter what.
CD4 cells just have to  be high and the people wont be in that much trouble of getting ill from HIV/Aids

People with Aids : 100% mortality rate
People with HIV : 100% mortality rate
People with nothing wrong with them : 100% mortality rate

...Oh my god I'm gonna die! ... and so are you! nooooes!