Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5968816 times)

how did she login if she didn't pay? i mean it can tell if you bought it or not

this is exactly what I'm asking. I tried logging in with a new non-premium account that I made .. it says "account non premium" or whatever, then there's a button to play offline.

does it always work like this? I'm still wondering what I payed $20 for

Interesting...
LOOPHOLE

did she download the launcher from the offical site?

did she download the launcher from the offical site?

yes. when I asked her about it she gave me this link:

http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp

edit: holy loving stuff does every girl just want everything given to them in games? she already has an inv editor. does anyone PLAY GAMES anymore?!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:51:23 PM by Sulfate »

Does multiplayer work that way?

Does multiplayer work that way?
Well since they're playing offline, yes, of course online servers work.

I think Notch intentionally did that. Say someone wanted to try the game, but not pay, they'd go grab the download and just play offline in single player. That person finds the game really enjoyable and tells his buddies about it. They get the game the same way, and enjoy it as well. They all then want to play and build stuff together, and so they all decide it's worth it to buy the game. So instead of Notch just getting one sale, he gets the original person and his buddies that he got hooked on the game.

Well since they're playing offline, yes, of course online servers work.

:S
Just wanted to be sure, but I'll take that sarcasm as a no.

I think Notch intentionally did that. Say someone wanted to try the game, but not pay, they'd go grab the download and just play offline in single player. That person finds the game really enjoyable and tells his buddies about it. They get the game the same way, and enjoy it as well. They all then want to play and build stuff together, and so they all decide it's worth it to buy the game. So instead of Notch just getting one sale, he gets the original person, as well as the buddies he got hooked on the game.
I'm thinking it's just a glitch.

so I payed $20 because I thought you had to pay to play the entire game .. only to find out that $20 gets me multiplayer that I'll rarely use anyway..

this better be a glitch lol

oh well. either way it's a fantastic game so I guess I can't really complain.

I think Notch intentionally did that. Say someone wanted to try the game, but not pay, they'd go grab the download and just play offline in single player. That person finds the game really enjoyable and tells his buddies about it. They get the game the same way, and enjoy it as well. They all then want to play and build stuff together, and so they all decide it's worth it to buy the game. So instead of Notch just getting one sale, he gets the original person and his buddies that he got hooked on the game.
.... GENIUS!
he also sprinkles every copy of the game with cocaine and nicotine
so I payed $20 because I thought you had to pay to play the entire game .. only to find out that $20 gets me multiplayer that I'll rarely use anyway..

once you get into it you will realize that online play is much more fun and rewarding than single player.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:10:35 AM by fred da kiko »

minecraft is like a cake you can make one with what you have but in oder to get it done rite you need some cash

I want your guy's opinion.

Do the pumpkins look good as lighting or should I just use torches?

I found the post he made on his blog about piracy. He mentions that concept in it.

Here's the post: http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1121596044/how-piracy-works

I don't think you can access it.

On a seperate account on my dad's computer says you cannot login like dat.

Let me try my Minecraft account without premuim...

EDIT: Nope, it says "User not premium..." and the option to login offline is not avalible.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:09:48 PM by steve5451 »