Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5959287 times)

I need some players to test my new server. It's a factions server with a unique an unusual trading system. You can harvest materials and sell them for gold, and then use the gold to buy what you need.

IP:
jorgur.net

EDIT: Server down ATM

EDIT: Server back up
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:46:12 PM by Jorgur »

I need some players to test my new server. It's a factions server with a unique trading system. You can harvest materials and sell them for gold, and then use the gold to buy what you need.

IP:
jorgur.net
oooo hope this works out.
joining actually sleep
tomorrow

I'm shutting down for the night, but it will be back up tomorrow.

whoops zack0 reimaged our server lol

He figured out why his daemon wasn't working right though so it won't restart, I am however trying to set it up with Forge so I can add mods this time... if I can get Forge to run on the server, or for that matter on my client. Haven't been able to get a single mod to run in any form since 1.3 - including Optifine, Forge itself, Modloader even with nothing in mods - they all just exit with a trace.

If I can get Forge working with the new versions, I've got some interesting ideas for some mods now...

oh my god i hurp durp buhdurrdy duhurr
Turns out the 'Force Update' button in MultiMC doesn't actually update- it downloads the jars for that version again. So all this time Forge wouldn't install on my supposed 1.3.2 client instance in MultiMC - because it was actually a 1.2.5 client and I didn't notice. buhuhrrurrurururrp
Same issue with Optifine, so now I can has anisotropy and I am a happy person.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:04:33 AM by M »

I need some players to test my new server. It's a factions server with a unique trading system. You can harvest materials and sell them for gold, and then use the gold to buy what you need.

IP:
jorgur.net

EDIT: Server down ATM

that isnt unique at all

I thought that I had just fixed the whole "random spots are black" bug, but then I saw it; just one bloody block stayed dark. Eugh :(
Dinnerbone is working on lighting bugs

Dinnerbone is working on lighting bugs
Silly Mojang, one can't simply fix a bug just like that!
Well, it seems to be the case for them...

He's trying to fix the lighting bugs in the current system, but they refuse to go away. He says the entire system needs to be rewritten, and it's obvious that would be an entire team effort, so he isn't pushing for it since it's such a major project.

Server is back up. IP is jorgur.net

Quote from: Dinnerbone
Dear Diary. After giving up on lighting I decided to try something else. Cloneable + shareable maps was a much better task, and works well.
:D

All entities are also going to be able to go through nether portals now.

ALSO someone else did the limited resources thing with pictures this time.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:20:54 PM by Flush535 »

that's pretty cool, i guess.

all I can think of when they add new things is how vechs is going to utilize them to kill us all

i like how activa is solid snaking it up with a dirt camo