Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5949425 times)

oh god
they're coming
(i've never seen this happen before)

Yeah that was added in the last update. Ghasts can invade your home world now.

Yeah that was added in the last update. Ghasts can invade your home world now.
i thought there was always a small chance this could happen anyway?
or was that just a myth

pretty sure it's just pigmen

Ghasts have been able to spawn in the overworld via nether portals ever since they've been added. They might've added pigmen to that list, or a pig got struck by lightning.

checked 1.3.1 changelog:

Nether Portal
Leaks into the Overworld now: Depending on difficulty, zombie pigmen rarely spawn in them.

says nothing about ghasts

checked 1.3.1 changelog:

Nether Portal
Leaks into the Overworld now: Depending on difficulty, zombie pigmen rarely spawn in them.

says nothing about ghasts
Ghasts have been able to spawn in the overworld via nether portals ever since they've been added

oh

well that would be interesting

Ghasts have been able to spawn in the overworld via nether portals ever since they've been added. They might've added pigmen to that list, or a pig got struck by lightning.

I think I read somewhere on the wiki that that was just a myth and is not true.

Can someone host a cracked Minecraft server for me and my friend? He didn't buy Minecraft, but still wants to play with me.

User was banned for this post
God dammit coolio

I warned you.

Ghasts have been able to spawn in the overworld via nether portals ever since they've been added.
"Added Ghasts along with the Nether. Originally, Ghasts were intended to be able to spawn near Nether Portals in the Overworld. However, this ability has not yet been implemented."

I think I read somewhere on the wiki that that was just a myth and is not true.
in the new snapshot, mobs (pigs, sheep, cows, animals, zombies) are able to go through nether portals.

I havent tried for ghasts, but, it works.

For those interested in a decent Tekkit server:

20 max players, host is not a dipstuff and I sort of know him, almost everything is allowed, minimalist plugins. Actually not that many griefers, but you damn well better hide your base far, far away from spawn.
My home in it:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:39:06 PM by Jaxx »

"Added Ghasts along with the Nether. Originally, Ghasts were intended to be able to spawn near Nether Portals in the Overworld. However, this ability has not yet been implemented."
I remember seeing a video way back when where ghasts almost burned down a MP village because they spawned from the portals.

For those interested in a decent Tekkit server:
First thing that discouraged me from the server is: almost everything that I like is disabled.  I agree that EE is overpowered in some cases, so I don't mind the rm/dm furnaces being turned off, but the nanosuit armor almost always a must.

Second: right after I joined the game you connected and told us that one of the admins is going full-on PVP.  This is not tekkit now, this is just a complicated factions server.

I hate having to go 10,000 blocks from spawn just to be safe, and I also hate the fact that PVP is being forced, me not being a PVP fan.

This is most likely not going to be on my server list.