Author Topic: In need of an honest, unbiased opinion.  (Read 9805 times)

im just happy scrolling for my tools or paint colors on rtb.
and the wand is much easier to use.

but tbm does have all those pieces to build with.

That isn't a valid argument.
Yes, I know. The user-friendly features take a little bit of getting used to, but they are surely easy. If Felix and Will can learn how to use the user-friendly features, such as Editor Staff, and such. Then anyone can. Point taken from Ragnarok.

And RTB is more user-friendly than TBM IMHO... >.>
I haft to admit your right. RTB is easier to grasp when you first start it.

So, like what other people say.
If you want lots of people, play RTB (though a large amount will be newbies :( )
If you want lots of options and bricks, play TBM
If you want lots of minifig genocide, play Death to blocks (NOTE: Death to blocks doesn't remove anything from TBM. it simply adds weapons), AIO-R, or special forces whatever.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 08:09:45 PM by Saber15 »

Oh, Lord....I sure hope this doesnt turn into a flame war...It's getting dangerously close...all this 'cause a new-B (not a n00b) wanted some advice....*sigh*, O wellz.

I betcha that saber is banned now.

Badderspot

Honestly people should just say fuck RtB and fuck TBM just check back every few months for retail like i am doing(even though it's taking a fuckload of time)
PS. both mods have major downsides mainly the idiots who run them  :cookieMonster:

--forget

And yay I'm not banned anymore! Even though I may be after this.

Me two but i realised Badspot isn't that stupid. He could've been drunk though. Also
was a major give-away.

Honestly people should just say fuck RtB and fuck TBM just check back every few months for retail like i am doing(even though it's taking a fuckload of time)
PS. both mods have major downsides mainly the idiots who run them  :cookieMonster:

--panda

I actually thought you were badspot for a while. It was quite confusing, haha.

BTW, if you want to know why TBM was banned, just look at the front page of Blockland.us, and the news archive there too. Of course the TBM guys will claim that they don't code backdoors/exploits into their mod anymore, though we all know how much credibility they have left now. Especially since most all the people posting in this thread supporting TBM have already been banned multiple times from this forum.

I'll let you make your own decision though.

And BTW, RTB 1.05 will not be coming out for retail. It's planned to come out way before that. No release date right now, just because we (developers) don't even know when it will be released.

In any case, good luck with your island server! Those are a lot of fun to run. :)

I actually thought you were badspot for a while. It was quite confusing, haha.

BTW, if you want to know why TBM was banned, just look at the front page of Blockland.us, and the news archive there too. Of course the TBM guys will claim that they don't code backdoors/exploits into their mod anymore, though we all know how much credibility they have left now. Especially since most all the people posting in this thread supporting TBM have already been banned multiple times from this forum.

I'll let you make your own decision though.

And BTW, RTB 1.05 will not be coming out for retail. It's planned to come out way before that. No release date right now, just because we (developers) don't even know when it will be released.

In any case, good luck with your island server! Those are a lot of fun to run. :)
You know as well as anyone else that the exploits don't exist. You're in charge of TBM's main "rival", how credible is what you say?

"The Mocheeze Complex"
1. Deny that the competition is at or above your level.
2. Try to scare away new users with news of an "exploit".
3. Repeatedly make stabs at the devs of the other team.

You came to this thread too late to spread your bullsh*t. Seeing as this guy's intelligent, I don't think he'll be swayed by some drunk college loner. You lose, good day sir.

Oh wait, let me guess? THREAD REPORTED, amirite?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 08:19:27 AM by Jadenx »

At least he's doing something helpful...

No, your buddy Mocheeze is using fear tactics to try to sway this guy away from the decision he's already made. I don't appreciate it.  :cookieMonster:

You're in charge of TBM's main "rival", how credible is what you say?

your the ones that make your prefered mod look bad. this is how you represent them?

mods dont have rivals, people do. for all badspot cares, there may as well be only vanilla im sure. HES your guy's rival, pry using mods all this time to steal ideas for his finished product.
the mods are here for the general users to enjoy a building game, not for the egos of developers, and inner circles of modists to make themselves feel empowered with silly E-respect.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 12:57:15 PM by Bisjac »

I'm sorry, guys. By 'island community' I thought he meant that he wanted to play with other people... But now, since he's chosen TBM, I realised that he just wants to play alone.

TBM has a userbase of around 15-20 people, and the majority of which are total assholes that barely even play.

Badspot

• Administrator
Just to refresh everyone's memory, the reason behind the anti-TBM campaign here is that it's creators have shown a complete lack of ethics. 

They specifically added code to TBM for the sole purpose of "owning" particular users that they had disagreements with, allowing them to become admin on that user's server.  I confronted rob and MCP about this; they admitted to doing it and were completely unapologetic, even proud of doing it.  This kind of behavior is not acceptable. 

Using their sick logic, I could put code into blockland to "own" them, but I won't because I know the difference between right and wrong.

EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot, gobbles created a script for spamming RTB servers and hosted it on the TBM website.  Lovely.  Yes, lets all download .exe's from these people and run them on our precious computers, what could go wrong?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 02:10:53 PM by Badspot »