In need of an honest, unbiased opinion.

Author Topic: In need of an honest, unbiased opinion.  (Read 9810 times)

Wow, you are clever. But Phatstreet has put up a hell of an argument. Although i do agree with you on that one. I would post a link to Phatstreet's argument but you don't want me to.

I'm not wasting any more of my time. Typically I enjoy arguing, but this is rather pointless, I've realized, especially when I know the details; I have access to the items/people in question. We don't lie to each other.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 01:33:16 AM by Jadenx »

Badspot

• Administrator
If some legitimate strangers got caught up in the wave of me banning your dozens and dozens of duplicate tbm advertising shill accounts, then I am sorry.  I am but a man.  But I seriously doubt there were any legit innocent bannings.  You want to act like there's some wave of tbm users posting, but really it's the same 5 doofuses signing up over and over.

The fact that some 12 year old "stole" your code does not justify attacking them malicous software.  That's what this is about. 

If you think TBM exists to damage Blockland installations and piss off small children, you have some serious paranoia issues. Anyways, this is the reason we're leaving, is because nobody seems to be rational in this community anymore, and we've had enough.  :cookie:
I think TBM exists to stroke the ego's of it's creators.  It's not about what your goal is when you start out, it's about what you can't stop yourself from doing along the way.  You guy's can't seem to stop yourselves from taking "internet revenge".

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  (I don't want ass prints on my door)

I'm not wasting any more of my time. Typically I enjoy arguing, but this is rather pointless, I've realized, especially when I know the details; I have access to the items/people in question. We don't lie to each other.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 01:32:42 AM by Jadenx »

i have the perfect picture for this yet badspot removed my pics right so i cant post it :(

Badspot

• Administrator
The exploit doesn't count, it existed to remove stolen code.
This is exactly what I'm talking about!  That is not a valid justification for opening up an all-access exploit on every AiO user's* server.  There is no justification for doing that.  If a real software company did something like that they'd be sued by watchdog groups.  You have no moral compass.

* The exploit affected everyone who installed tbm and aio in the same blockland directory, regardless of "theft" attempts

The spamming does not count, as it was not done in the name of TBM and was rather a personal issue. There is nothing.
Why was the spam script hosted under the better mod url then?  If one of your developers has that much of a personal issue, it is an issue with your mod.  Again, this is what I'm talking about: you just can't stop yourselves from going on "internet revenge" quests.

If you guys would just admit that it was wrong and change your ways, you might have a point.  But you don't.  You sign up new accounts and try to tell people that it didn't happen.  (fyi I banned several people for posting revisionist history).  Then when you're proven wrong you say that it was ok because it wasn't harmful or that it was necessary.  Then when you're proven wrong you try to say that it's ok because it was never used.  You'll say anything.

i have the perfect picture for this yet badspot removed my pics right so i cant post it :(
Yeah after the 100th or so gigantor fish picture I got tired of them...

Yeah after the 100th or so gigantor fish picture I got tired of them...
sry then

now i want to see that pic -.-

its bugging me

« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 01:32:31 AM by Jadenx »

Greetings.

I'm fairly new around here, and have dug through these forums trying to overcome Blockland's steep learning curve. It seems like a lot of fun.

My dilemma centers around the two mods, TBM and RTB. I briefly tried both, but can't decide between the two. I have a few criteria for what I'm looking for, and it may be a little different than most people here.

• I'm looking to set up a permanent island neighborhood.
• The best weapons and team options are not my main concern.
• I want a safe and secure server.
• Good builder's options, and a wide selection of bricks.
• A color palette that stays true to the original "Lego" style.
• Good vehicles (maybe both mods have the same vehicles and vehicle physics, not sure on this...).
• Attractive, easy-to-use and customize GUI.

If anybody would be willing to offer their most unbiased opinion on this as possible, that'd be a great help.

Thank you for your time.
Chaotico

RTB ONLY WAY TO GO. i might be posting a little behing. 42=16

Oh, Lord....I sure hope this doesnt turn into a flame war...It's getting dangerously close...all this 'cause a new-B (not a n00b) wanted some advice....*sigh*, O wellz.

Fear me and my psycic powers  :cookieMonster: 

Oh well, At the very least, in TBM's defense, I'll say I'd probablyy resort to similar tactics to keep work I have made mine.  Good thing I can't code/script/model at all.