Author Topic: Ladios's Laser Weapon Set (4/10 guns completed)  (Read 19151 times)

Ladios's Laser Weapon Set
Back in version 8 of Blockland, there existed a set of weapons unlike any other. These weapons worked perfectly together, and brought Blocklanders closer together in a laser-tag like mood. These weapons also sucked ass. They were laggy, over powered, noisey, and had really lame models. Ever since version 9 cleared the Blockland community of this abomination, you annoy jerks never stopped pestering Ladios, so he decided to make a new set of weapons. Its been more than a year now, as Ladios is a lazy dumbass, but he slowly is now releasing the weapons in a 1950's style alien invasion format.

Currently there are only 4 guns completed, a fifth is almost done and the sixth will begin working on progress for. There were 7 guns in the original set, and I will try to get those done first (aside from the minigun as that was already made). If all goes well, there will be two additional "secret" guns released extra at the end. This is all put into one post so I don't need to keep making these threads and can just update this post with each new gun. Much more organized that way.
Also, on a question I have been asked a few days ago as to why the shotgun is in a different "style" than the other three, its because the shotgun is made by the humans. The Blasters and Repeater are alien weapons (though the repeater was stolen). There will be three or four more guns done in a "human" style. Just to make it seem to have a story or something...

Don't bug me about how long I am taking.

Alien Blaster
An alien laser gun.

Description
Blockland is being invaded by aliens! And they brought their guns!

The alien blaster is a 3 hit kill (compared to a regular gun's 4 hits) but has slightly longer load time than a regular gun. It also has slightly high brick damage capabilities. The gun shoots red lasers that are significantly less laggy than the old Laser Pistol from the Laser Weapon Set 1.3.
This is the first of the new set of laser weapons.

Update V2: fixed sound and made trail more steady.
Update V3: un-"fixed" sound.
Update V4: made some tweaks to damage and reload time so it be more balanced with future weapons and made the hit sound affect a smaller radius

Screenshots

Download
Weapon_AlienBlaster.zip (Last Updated: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:54 pm)

Installation
Put Weapon_AlienBlaster.zip into the Add-Ons folder in your Blockland folder.

Click Here to view this file on the RTB Download Manager

Dual Micro Blasters
A smaller, dual-weildable version of the Alien Blaster

Description
Blockland is being invaded by aliens! And they brought their guns!

The Dual Micro Blasters are smaller versions of the Alien Blaster that do much less damage and take 5 shots to kill a player. This is made up for by the gun's higher rate of fire. This gun is a good balance to the Alien Blaster for all space-themed DMs.
This is the second of the new set of laser weapons.

Update v2 fixed the sound for the guns and made them weaker to balance their firing speed.
Update V3 un-fixed sound
Update V4 edited the strength and firing time to keep the weapon more balanced and made the hit sound radius lower

Screenshots

Download
Weapon_DualMicroBlasters.zip (Last Updated: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:54 pm)

Installation
Put Weapon_DualMicroBlasters.zip into the Add-Ons folder in your Blockland folder.

Defraction Gun
A Laser Shotgun

Description
Fresh off the assembly line! A perfect way to end an alien's day!

The laser shotgun consists of two firing modes. Main fire shoots a low amount of lasers but in a small spread for those mid-long range targets, and a alternate fire which shoots more bullets at a much larger spread. Really the alt fire isn't good unless you are putting your gun right up to the aliens mouth... at which point it works reeeeeaaallly good.

Screenshots

Download
Weapon_DefractionGun.zip (Last Updated: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:54 pm)

Installation
Put Weapon_DefractionGun.zip into the Add-Ons folder in your Blockland folder.

Laser Repeater
A Laser Minigun

Description
Blockland is being invaded by aliens! It is time we use their own weapons against them!

The Laser Repeater has a somewhat high bullet spread and fires very rapidly. It is a perfect mid-long range weapon in terms of brute strength, but watch out, as the gun is firing you will only be able to move at half your usual speed, which will make you an easy target.

Screenshots

Download
Weapon_LaserRepeater.zip (Last Updated: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:49 pm)

Installation
Put Weapon_LaserRepeater.zip into the Add-Ons folder in your Blockland folder.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:48:59 AM by ladios »

Awesome! The last gun reminds me of the minigun from Resistance 2.

10/5

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:47:14 PM by zoneark »

I'll <3 you and the weapons.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:36:59 PM by Jaxx »

This is a lot better then the old lazer set in V8 ^^ Epic win!

TOTALLY AWESOME I was wondering when you would release them

COOL dling

about time we got some decent lasers in blockland

YAY  asked for more lazarz awsome