Author Topic: who's seen this?  (Read 11173 times)

Yes but it's very funny that the Beta Retail testers are mainly RTB players...

wouldnt it be better to just TBM-Mod the retail? at least theres a market of users to attract.

if not, then its got nothing to do with blockland. and dont need to be advertized here.
it seems like a desperate attempt for bitter mod'ists to try to "show up" badspot. as a type of revenge for the just actions their mod deserved.

they will cry and cry about how rtb steals this or that, then turn around and steal the entire concept of the original game for themselves. and try to play it off as a new game.

note: i am not pro rtb or anti tbm. i play both. but the PEOPLE sicken me. its all imature and unprofessional.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 11:40:29 AM by Bisjac »

Bye Bisjac, i'll see you on the other side.

The concept is stupid, and I have no faith in this whatsoever.

[Removed as per Luq's request. He has a point.]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 11:43:58 AM by Jadenx »

It wouldn't be a good idea to mod retail, because Badspot hates the old TBM devs that made the exploit, he hates the new devs that had nothing to do with it, he hates the server hosters, the forum hosters, and anyone who plays it. Rather than dealing with Badspot any more, we'd like to exit the community and do something ourselves.

well thats fine then if the bitter users want to leave, up to them really.
but then why do they stick around? to recruit? to flame other?
clearly they still need badspot and his vanilla.

this would be a step for them i guess to leave it, but dreams and wishes are one thing...
if its actually going to happen, then its got nothing to do with badspot, blockland, these forums, or these users. so why even bring it here?

[Removed as per Luq's request. He has a point.]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 11:43:55 AM by Jadenx »

lol i fixed the quotes, i havin html issues there

I'm actually not sure why elfprince posted it. Perhaps a few TBMers will stay if they prefer to play retail as well.

to see what the reaction was.

oh so all you wanted was to whore out more of this stupid mod drama. making it worse and worse for people to accept it.

again i say to a TBM'er, this is how you represent your mod? by showing others the bad parts of your community?

oh so all you wanted was to whore out more of this stupid mod drama. making it worse and worse for people to accept it.

again i say to a TBM'er, this is how you represent your mod? by showing others the bad parts of your community?

I find this amusing. none of you know anything about me, but because I posted a link to a discussion of another block related game I get flamed.

how is wanting freedom the bad part of a community?
how is flame wars and acknowledged stealing of other's code the good part?
RTB may steal ideas but they're allowed to as your crummy mod has broken the rules.

and interestingly enough this has drawn more people to inquire TBM/G since they dont want to have to pay for a game thats been free for a long time.

Or RTB can just not take TBM's content at all. (Which is how things are right now.)

Anyway: If you guys want to move on from Badspot's community so much, then why all the baiting on his forums? Try not to contradict yourself at every thread, it's getting more and more rediculous. :) See ya!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 09:37:00 PM by mocheeze »

Meh =

I look forward to seeing the outcome of TBG.
I enjoy TBM.
I enjoy RTB.
Both mods have their strong points.
Both mods have their weak points.
98% of the people in RTB hate the people in TBM because they play TBM and not RTB.
98% of the people in TBM dislike RTB players because almost all of them are immature 10 year olds.
IMO Every mod is equal, but people have different tastes, ban me if you want Badspot, but im only expressing my point.

I am braced for flaming.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over some mods for a freeware game, sorry. The users have made their decision, I don't have to defend their choice. I'm just honored they chose to play something that I was lucky enough to work on.

And BTW, people that play RTB are probably more mad at TBM because the people that make it are pompous richards, and write scripts to specifically attack the RTB users' servers. If TBM people would just go and play TBM, and leave everyone alone, then nobody would have any reason to keep on disliking them.

Have fun with TBG, it's going to probably be a petty mess like TBM has been since its beginning.