Poll

Are you going to:

Buy it I can't wait
27 (60%)
Wait until other people say whether its worth the money or not
8 (17.8%)
Not sure
4 (8.9%)
Stick with old mods (eg RTB) (likely to die out though)
2 (4.4%)
I will quit BL altogether
4 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: So who is Buying/Not Buying Retail then?  (Read 6248 times)

He keeps saying that because putting RtB on top of Retail is the only way it can possibly be halfway decent.

Retail is already way better than any mod, IMHO.

I am, as a matter of fact.  I'm one of the TBM devs and soon to be a TBG dev.

Oh oh! Just the mere fact that TBG has the word "better" in its name means it's better. I guess that's how it was with TBM too, and we know how that turned out, lol!

"We're working on it." now means "We're the hands down winner!!!" it seems. And you wonder why people don't want to play it from this forum. Haha. Good luck!

Ok then KermMartian, why don't YOU make a game better than retail? [snip]Kerm, TBM is a MOD.  You didn't make the whole game.  You edited the original one.  What I mean is to make a whole game from your own resources, not basing it off someone else's game.
Comments like this is why I'm helping attempt to make a whole game.

Oh oh! Just the mere fact that TBG has the word "better" in its name means it's better. I guess that's how it was with TBM too, and we know how that turned out, lol!

"We're working on it." now means "We're the hands down winner!!!" it seems. And you wonder why people don't want to play it from this forum. Haha. Good luck!
The B stands for Builder's, and it's a scratch name anyway as we haven't had much time to focus on the name yet, been too busy working on optimizations.

That's what they're claiming to do with TBG, but its admittedly a Blockland clone. Why else would they keep posting it here?

Fine, then, I'll stop posting about it.

Seems like you're busy doing damage control anyway, cleaning up after other people making posts that just incite people to anger, haha. It would be a good idea to stop posting about it anyway though. I'd assume you'd guys like to build your own community separate from this one.

When the day comes that I make my own game, I wouldn't ever post it here. Partly because some parts of this community are so broken, and partly because I'd rather build my own strong community from scratch, rather than cannibalize this one.

I agree with you about the community Mocheeze.
When Red Ink completes it's first game, I will most likely keep it away from here.
I've been in this community since before TSS. And it's gradually getting worse and worse.

Edit:
Wasn't it elfprince (A non-TBM dev) that posted that thread here anyway?
Nobody from TBM/TBG incited this little controversy...

Edit 2:
Kerm, you really need to shutup.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 06:55:13 PM by ThePlague »

i bet the could be future game by mocheeze would be some sweet ripoff of minesweeper.

(i kick ass at minesweeper, you all shut the hell up)

A minesweeper mod perhaps? Just to get warmed up to the engine.

Minesweeper is visual basic. haha.

Plague: yeah, it was elfprince.  And I know, I really do need to stfu, it's pointless, but these mindless Badspot followers just get me so annoyed.

You haven't even played retail, you've only seen screenshots, so don't make assumptions about it.

You're right.  I'll wait and see what happens.