Poll

?

yes
no

Author Topic: Who here is going to buy L4D2?  (Read 5668 times)

People have the right to be upset over a 2nd game coming out 1 year after the original, Jesus its not like Valve is making millions if not billions or anything. The reasonable thing to do is give a small discount ($10-20) off to previous owners of L4D. I personally will be buying it no matter what happens, but I still think 1 year is much too early to be releasing a 2nd game and expect full game price once again. The real problem that worries me with this is other company's might see this as an opportunity to spit out more stuffty squeals into the market 1 year after there originals.

Qft.

2 of each. Hillbilly and Mobster are white. Reporter and Awesomeguy are black.
Nope Nick and Ellis are white, Rochelle is latin and Coach is black.

I'm a bit mad that they aren't working on another portal or Ep. 3, but L4D is great, and I'm glad they are making more.
Of course they are, they have multiple devisions.

SCOOT IS IN L4D2 LOAL

SCOOT IS IN L4D2 LOAL
Ironically, he was hitting a person with a baseball bat in the trailer.

Ironically, he was hitting a person with a baseball bat in the trailer.

Inorite :D

I'm a bit mad that they aren't working on another portal or Ep. 3, but L4D is great, and I'm glad they are making more.

You do know thye have more than one team of developers.

Why the hell are people mad?

Like Sessler said, it's a sequel to a great game. We should all be happy.

If you're not happy with the game itself, why not? What do you want from a sequel?

Are you upset about the fact that it's not going to be in a dark, constantly dark environment? Guess what? It's a different game. If you want the same darkness, go back to L4D.

Hey, dumbass, what promise?
They aren't dropping development for L4D, and you're going to bankrupt Valve, cut that stuff out. God I hate you forgeters. The whole "Boycott" thing pisses me off. The lack of trust in Valve is discerningly huge, and what do you think it's going to do? Waste their time, money, and resources. It's not going to do anything but postpone production on anything else they're working on because NOW they have to deal with cutting their losses. You people don't think stuff through.

I trust Valve enough to know that what they do is for the best. They've never let me down, and they've never let you down. Stop being so stupid.

I'm buying as many copies of L4D 2 as I can to offset the balance here, this is ridiculous.

I agree with this.

When I knew less about what L4D2 added, I thought it should have been DLC too.

But with the weather effects and other complications they're adding, if they were to make it DLC, it would be a gigantic-ass update to the L4D engine, and it really wouldn't be worth the work.

Stop bitching at Valve over this.

Why the hell are people mad?

Like Sessler said, it's a sequel to a great game. We should all be happy.

If you're not happy with the game itself, why not? What do you want from a sequel?

Are you upset about the fact that it's not going to be in a dark, constantly dark environment? Guess what? It's a different game. If you want the same darkness, go back to L4D.

...what?

Light is controlled by the director. No one has complained about that, forget off.

Its not a different game, its the same stuff with different characters and campaigns.

I am getting it for sure, have you seen it? It looks really great, and I have no problem paying full retail price for a new game, thats how it works. quit your bitching.

Why the hell are people bitching about the characters? Like, what the forget? It's not like they are going to be your life-partners or something, it's just a game.

Why the hell are people bitching about the characters? Like, what the forget? It's not like they are going to be your life-partners or something, it's just a game.
No.

You need to understand that no one can quite scream reloading while covered in boomer vile as the original characters. They make the game entirely.

I can imagine all of the L4D2's character's voices annoying me.

The only problem I have is with the southern accents. I don't mind Southerners, don't get me wrong here (please), but the accent ruins the whole idea of a zombie apocalypse. RELOADIN DEM GUNZ while being smacked at by infected is weird.

On the other hand I can't wait to play in the new director AI and see what the new infected look like. I'm tired of seeing the same infected over and over again, but I can't imagine how hard it was to make them all.