Author Topic: Carpetless kitchen  (Read 503 times)

That carpet shape right at the spawn point is probably the main reason why no one uses Kitchen, it just gets in the way. It wouldn't be so bad if it were properly aligned with the brick grid but it's not.

Would be pretty cool if the carpet simply wasn't there, or was out of the way.

Should I have a mat at the door on the inside in my house map then?  If I make it one unit tall, it would be about the same size.

or the carpet couldn't obstruct bricks as far as the grid goes, so there's no "stuck" error when you plant it in the carpet.

or the carpet couldn't obstruct bricks as far as the grid goes, so there's no "stuck" error when you plant it in the carpet.
But I don't think that's possible, since it's an interior object or whatever.

Maybe if it were made smaller and moved in front of the sink, as well as aligned.  The floor would look weird if bare.

Maybe if it were made smaller and moved in front of the sink, as well as aligned.  The floor would look weird if bare.

I've been thinking exactly that, it would be more "out of the way" but still wouldn't leave the place feeling naked

This is fairly easy to do right? Can't you just move/resize it in editor mode? I don't map, so I wouldn't know. I like this idea though.

This is fairly easy to do right? Can't you just move/resize it in editor mode? I don't map, so I wouldn't know. I like this idea though.
No you cannot.

For, you see. The carpet is part of the kitchen. Its a interior.

No you cannot.

Oooh ok, nvm then. I thought it was a static shape.

No you cannot.

Yup exactly, we can't import it anywhere because it was exported as a special filetype, so Badspot would need to do it assuming he still has the original un-exported interior