Author Topic: Blockland and ROBLOX  (Read 6568 times)

And?
It's also completely unnecessary. He just prefers a different game, really :/

I am not normally one to side with the person getting beat. But this entire arguement is completely pointless.

I have already confronted him and he admitted he is sorry for making the topic. Why can it not be left at that?

It's also completely unnecessary. He just prefers a different game, really :/
It was completely unnecessary for him to come here and spam.

I love reading these threads :)

Bro, click "start server" or whatever the button is, being i play this game so damned much and I haven't memorized main menu yet is beyond me, and click "add-ons".  Then scroll down until you find "Script_TurrainBuild" or something, and disable it, then try tutorial.

Also, dont' wanna be a richard at this point, but this is what most people think of Roblox, some valid points made by our belovid creator of Blockland.

Fuel for the fire:

The web backend of roblox is very impressive but the in-game experience is complete stuff.  It boggles my mind how bad it is.  Moving around is completely broken - it's jerky, there's no interpolation, you penetrate walls when you run into them, you penetrate the floor when you jump, there is no client side prediction of collision.  Shooting is a complete joke - I have literally never seen a shooting mechanic that is worse.  The camera goes through walls, gets stuck, jerks around.  You can die mysteriously when walking down stairs or jumping into the ceiling.  Every build is floating so you often are flung off of the world and fall forever.  The character animation and gui look like what you would make in 5 minutes to debug something.  With 1000 blocks loaded, i get ~50 fps on my super computer - in Blockland I get like 950+.  The whole thing is like a student project that has gone out of control. 

Roblox only thrives because it aggressively markets to children who have never played a real game before and thus do not realize how broken everything is.  Some of those children happen to be the rare combination of mentally ill and rich, so they pay the $300.  Anyone who has played quake, tribes, battlefield*, TF2, HL2, or any real game on the pc simply cannot tolerate how bad roblox is.

Roblox is a financially successful community site and I respect it for that, but it is simply not in the same league as Blockland in terms of gameplay. 

This is not at all an attempt to flame, but this is what I think of the game.

You did it again -Mike-!
You two are going to end up falling in love. :cookieMonster:

And since the thread name is Blockland and ROBLOX im gonna post a comment i saw and its interesting:

ResidentEvilDude4
do you relize there are hackers watching your comments that 'roblox sux' or 'blokcland sux' they will hack the crap out of the game SO STOP!!! also Fleskjerta or whatever now hates ROBLOX becuz of what your doing!!! Badspot was thinking of deleting Blockland becuz of what hes reading! why cant we just like both!?!?!?

Deleting Blockland WTF!? A goddam lier.

It was completely unnecessary for him to come here and spam.

Then he learned it was wrong. He said he would try Blockland out and if he didn't like it he would go back to Roblox. Why do you guys need to act like a bunch of pricks?

I admitt it was stupid for him to come here and post this thread, but people make stupid mistakes, if they learn from them whats the damage?