Author Topic: Maritime Canadian cities to get FTTH services  (Read 1429 times)

http://www.netcommonline.ca/Backbone/Bell-Aliant-providing-FTTH-to-Saint-John.html

A Colleague of mine informed me today that we were going to get this insane 100% fiber optic service soon. Apparently the new network will be ridiculously fast, so fast it's handicapped. I'm talking 1000 Mbps+ handicapped.

I live in Fredericton, my current service gives me 1.5Mbps. I wouldn't even know what to do with 1Gbps. I'm assuming it will run up 200$+ a month or something ridiculous so it might just be there to make us students dream. Oh wait I'm graduating this year, never mind I'm so getting this stuff.

http://www.netcommonline.ca/Backbone/Bell-Aliant-providing-FTTH-to-Saint-John.html

A Colleague of mine informed me today that we were going to get this insane 100% fiber optic service soon. Apparently the new network will be ridiculously fast, so fast it's handicapped. I'm talking 1000 Mbps+ handicapped eh .

I live in Fredericton, my current service gives me 1.5Mbps. I wouldn't even know what to do with 1Gbps. I'm assuming it will run up 200$+ a month or something ridiculous so it might just be there to make us students dream. Oh wait I'm graduating this year, never mind I'm so getting this stuff eh .
its fixed

:O
holy crap @ fastest internet in the world.
IM MOVING TO CANADA!!

holy crap @ fastest internet in the world.
IM MOVING TO CANADA!!

Yeah I'm kind of doubting this, I never even knew fiber optics could get that fast. It leaves Fios in the dust.

Although this is going to be more or less for the businesses, it's just that some people can apparently afford it for their homes too. By some people I mean 50000 households which is just weird.

1gbps

hoooooooooly forget

how many websites will have enough resources to let you download at a gig a second?

Imagine how fast you could download research stuff!

Well tails, even if sites aren't capable, you could download multiple things at once still

how many websites will have enough resources to let you download at a gig a second?

None lol, you'd be stuck at whatever their allowed upload would be.

You'd be able to download like 10 things at once at ridiculous speeds though which would be kind of cool. ^^^ what he said. Other then for hosting massive servers I can't really imagine what you'd do with that kind of speed.

I would host an online radio station.

Wish they would do that in southern Ontario. :(

This would be great for the south where i live so I would get NO LAG, not even 100+ ping.
that would be AWESOME