Author Topic: Rap/Hip-Hop in Blockland  (Read 2731 times)

Ugh, it looks like Lyrical G is back.

Lyrical G minus several thousand brain cells.

Ah, this guy is such a fun troll.  I love you OldcityRappa4.

I hate Rap, it's terrible, makes my ears bleed :(

This is why i wish 92.3 K-Rock was back and would STOP CHANGING THEIR FORMATS! They played good songs 24/7! Now all i hear is Rap and other junk, i understand it's just a matter of opinions but hey, this is my opinion and thank you for reading

Lyrical G minus several thousand brain cells.
What brain cells? I don't think both of them ever had any.

What on earth could tip off that he likes rap? *Cough* spelling + grammar *Cough*

Rap and Hip Hop would be the most popular Commercial Music, but there are far more producers of some other genres.

If you where the ruler of a country, What music would you rather your civilization listen to if you only had a choice of:

love (Rap)
Darkness (Metal etc)
Drug use (Techno - Hardstyles)
Sadness (Emo)

Of course love... TopLists can be faked.

Hip hop and rap both suck. No music, no soul.
Because, most of the people in the USA are stupid.
Same.

Rap is handicaps Attempting Poetry.

Also, the US is pretty split in what it likes. 1/2's like Rap/Hip-Hop, 2/5's like Rock and it's variants, 1/10 like other types.
I hate Rap, it's terrible, makes my ears bleed :(

This is why i wish 92.3 K-Rock was back and would STOP CHANGING THEIR FORMATS! They played good songs 24/7! Now all i hear is Rap and other junk, i understand it's just a matter of opinions but hey, this is my opinion and thank you for reading
All QFT

Darkness (Metal etc)
Drug use (Techno - Hardstyles)

Hardcore and Hardstyle for the win!

Also, Techno and Rap are pretty close to each other. Listen to the beats, sounds, rythem, etc. They both talk about love and drugs. The major difference is the tempo. And Techno has more electro.

As for Metal and such being Dark, it's not always. I'll post the link to a Hardcore song that isn't Dark, lyrics included!

11. Meddler

This moment will too pass us by.
It's this notion inside all of us to prioritize through our selfish eyes.
To be the bull behind the rampage, the reason for all the riot.
We'll feed our flame before wasting time on everyone else's, with more problems and less pride.
We'll feed our flame before wasting time on everyone else's, the gallows were not supposed to look like this.
Oh God, we live in misery, lying here in desperation.
We need you here more than anything right now...right now.
If everything's relative, then why the emptiness in our souls?
If everything's relative, then why the emptiness in our souls?
Trying to untie the knot we thought we were untying our entire lives, we're busied up and burnt out..
Everyone together, we will strengthen ourselves.
We will.... Because now we know you won't ever fly fast enough to make time stand still.
You won't ever fly fast enough to make time stand still.
Stop, listen, and learn. Stop, listen, and learn.
Stop, listen, and learn.
Stop, listen, and learn.
Stop, listen, and learn.
Stop, listen, and learn.

Emocore has nothing to do with "Sadness".
I saw a commercial for a song where the dude was yelling:
I
HATE
EVERYTHING!!!!!
(and some other lyrics after that)

he must be an only child :(

I saw a commercial for a song where the dude was yelling:
I
HATE
EVERYTHING!!!!!
(and some other lyrics after that)

he must be an only child :(

And this has to do with emocore in which way?

Also, Techno and Rap are pretty close to each other. Listen to the beats, sounds, rythem, etc. They both talk about love and drugs. The major difference is the tempo. And Techno has more electro.
Not really.  Techno often his little to no lyrics which are usually repetitive and is from my experience, rarely love related.  The love thing applies to nearly every genre of music out there any way.  Rap's lyrics are often offensive and lets face it, difficult to understand.  Techno's association with drug use is simply because it is, much like ecstacy (spelling?), used at raves and such.  One does not lead to another.

But imo, rap sucks.  I prefer techno or trance to that garbage any day.

I like rap  :cookieMonster:
And Hip hop, except Lil' Wayne.
<3 Tupac

But I like everything so yeah, ha.

And this has to do with emocore in which way?
maybe that song is goth.
maybe emocore would be
I
HATE
MY LIFE

Techno often his little to no lyrics which are usually repetitive and is from my experience, rarely love related. 

I beg to differ. While there might not be quite as many words, some songs still have quite a lot.

Rap's lyrics are often offensive and lets face it, difficult to understand.  Techno's association with drug use is simply because it is, much like ecstacy (spelling?), used at raves and such. 
But imo, rap sucks.  I prefer techno or trance to that garbage any day.

I agree with you about Rap. But Techno's association with drugs isn't just with ecstasy, but with coke, pot, LSD, and other drugs. But yes, because they are used at raves, they are mentioned.

maybe that song is goth.

Since when is gothic a music style? Goth-Rock is but that's more going into punk.
I think you mean Death Rock. Goth Rock died a few years ago.