Author Topic: So I was looking at Runescape's website...  (Read 2743 times)

...at this Q&A thing, and...

"6) Pur35 Ownage asks;
Would there ever be a console version on RuneScape like for xbox360 + PS3, i think that they would be a great success if you could get the controls right, but they would have to speak not type which is much better.
Yes, indeed, we are looking at all the consoles at the moment and deciding which one or two are best for our community."

What.

That's a ridiculous notion. How would I point-and-click game ever be a success on a console?

That's a ridiculous notion. How would I point-and-click game ever be a success on a console?
With a Wii Remote, of course. Point-and-click, right?
If RuneScape ever comes out for the Wii, it's mine.

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Dammit

With a Wii Remote, of course. Point-and-click, right?
If RuneScape ever comes out for the Wii, it's mine.

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Dammit
You could already do that with the wii internet browser, but nice job.

Viva Piniata?

You could already do that with the wii internet browser, but nice job.
Fail. The Internet Channel doesn't have Java, so it's completely impossible.

Fail. The Internet Channel doesn't have Java, so it's completely impossible.
I said, "could". I was insinuating with Java support that would be already possible.
Viva Piniata?
Not really, as you're the moving entity. You're not commanding yourself to go anywhere with your cursor.

Not really, as you're the moving entity. You're not commanding yourself to go anywhere with your cursor.

True, but it's somewhat similiar.

Would be nice, but I would prefer it more on the computer.

If JAGEX implements better graphics, a less grueling leveling system, and Fate style controls, I might buy it.

i just want a skill based RPG/fighting game where grinding levels doesn't matter as much as it does being able to beat that guy with the best armor, weapons, etc by just knowing what the forget you're doing

oh, and real-time battles. none of this 'click to start killing' stuff, i mean things like press A to kick, press S to use weapon, press D to use weapon (in a different way)

i just want a skill based RPG/fighting game where grinding levels doesn't matter as much as it does being able to beat that guy with the best armor, weapons, etc by just knowing what the forget you're doing

oh, and real-time battles. none of this 'click to start killing' stuff, i mean things like press A to kick, press S to use weapon, press D to use weapon (in a different way)

Heck yes! I thought I was the only one. I've just started a game that'll do what you just said.

So comes the demand for not point and click attacking, but actual sword swinging action! Seriously though, that we be loving awesome. I could decapitate people while being the lowest level player in all of Runescape.  :cookieMonster:

The market for this would be great as well, examples include a sword grip for the Wii Controller, a bow grip, mace grip, and so on. Along with the game it self Jagex would be so damn rich, not that they already aren't. I wonder how casting magic would work, I'd definitely buy it if they did something like that.

I'm going to start training now!

Could be something like this except with players so fighting was intelligent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRb8ZtRG4JM
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:06:42 AM by Kunit »

all those ppl who play rs should grow a brain (no offense) rs isnt that great.

all those ppl who play rs should grow a brain (no offense) rs isnt that great.
Jump on the Bandwagon some more, friend.