Author Topic: Multiple water blocks that fill correctly  (Read 681 times)

Unless I'm late to the party and someone already figured all this stuff out, I think I solved this weird problem. I got multiple water blocks to form ponds and things on an elevated hill, while keeping the other low altitude areas dry. I figured allot of other folk would like to know how to get this to work.

Original problem here:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=26952.0

The first thing I tried was to create a waterblock exactly like the one from the Tutorial map, and it didn't work. Next I copy-pasted the waterblock into my map, which oddly enough worked perfectly.

So this was a weird problem that seemed completely disconnected from the values of any of the parameters. Funny enough, the problem was the ordering of parameters and not their values at all:

Code: [Select]

specularColor = "0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000";
      specularPower = "0";
         textureSize = "# #";
         params0 = "# # # #";
         extent = "# # #";
         params2 = "# # # #";
         envMapTexture = "string";
         seedPoints = "# # # # # # # #";
         params1 = "# # # #";
         floodFill = "#";
         params3 = "# # # #";
   };

This was my bad waterblock's ordering for these last parameters, however the correct order was the following:

Code: [Select]

specularColor = "0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000";
      specularPower = "0";
         textureSize = "# #";
         params2 = "# # # #";
         params0 = "# # # #";
         floodFill = "#";
         extent = "# # #";
         params1 = "# # # #";
         envMapTexture = "string";
         params3 = "# # # #";
         seedPoints = "# # # # # # # #";
   };

If everything's ordered correctly it seems like these parameters "work" the way they're supposed to and add extra needed junk to make sure the waterblock behaves correctly. And if they're not ordered then all of them are ignored, leading to bad things like the water zone stretching over the entire map. I'm still not too sure what the parameters do exactly but it's a start.

With correct ordering your waterblock should be outlined by yellow borders and have it's object Axis located in the center of the block. Also if its scale is too big it might now work correctly, not too sure what kind of maximum scaling is acceptable. I hope this helped a few people out.

Wow, cool.  I should check this out.