Author Topic: Diggy's Metropolis Server  (Read 295217 times)

You just have to re sell more then once

It fixed both of my lots! :o

That is good news.

You just have to re sell more then once

For some reason, i cant sell my lots..... however, try reselling your lots to see if it works.

who the heck is iban...hmm

Diggy, I think a change should be made in the way EXP gets earned for non-criminal and non-laborer jobs: as EXP is earned right now, it promotes corruption and crime, and makes a clean city seem a bad thing for jobs which should, by nature, want it.

For instance, police are given exp if they arrest criminals, which means that during times of peace, they get absolutely no positive reward: they only get anything positive if criminals are still at large!

Similarly, firefighters are only given exp when they are fighting fires. I have been a firefighter myself, and have actually asked people to set the city on fire in order to get exp. This also makes firefighters wish to be fighting larger, harder-to-extinguish fires, in order to get more chances at earning exp. The result is delayed fire response and slow firefighting.

I propose that for jobs like firefighter and police officer, every tick where there are no online criminals, or there are no fires, respectively, they get a random chance at receiving exp. Perhaps even, if possible, the longer the server remains calm, the greater the chance at exp.
good ideas, once we figure out some non-crime ways to get exp we can include something like this.

who the heck is iban...hmm
Slev, you are trolling in a way. Please stop.

Stop ruining the atmosphere by accusing someone for trolling.
It doesn't make anyone happy. :(

Join my Minecraft server at 75.81.15.133.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:34:17 PM by Jasa 12265 »

Since Diggy's is down join my Minecraft server at 75.81.15.133.

The server is up.

Slev, you are trolling in a way. Please stop.

Since when does Sleven trolls? =P

Stop ruining the atmosphere by accusing someone for trolling.
It doesn't make anyone happy. :(

Yep yep.

The server is up.
Sorry, didn't see it in server list for a sec, must be because of Diggy's authentication.

Sorry, didn't see it in server list for a sec, must be because of Diggy's authentication.

I was just on the server. Theirs 10 players on that server.

Diggy, I think a change should be made in the way EXP gets earned for non-criminal and non-laborer jobs: as EXP is earned right now, it promotes corruption and crime, and makes a clean city seem a bad thing for jobs which should, by nature, want it.

For instance, police are given exp if they arrest criminals, which means that during times of peace, they get absolutely no positive reward: they only get anything positive if criminals are still at large!

Similarly, firefighters are only given exp when they are fighting fires. I have been a firefighter myself, and have actually asked people to set the city on fire in order to get exp. This also makes firefighters wish to be fighting larger, harder-to-extinguish fires, in order to get more chances at earning exp. The result is delayed fire response and slow firefighting.

I propose that for jobs like firefighter and police officer, every tick where there are no online criminals, or there are no fires, respectively, they get a random chance at receiving exp. Perhaps even, if possible, the longer the server remains calm, the greater the chance at exp.
I actually like this to an extent, but the way the current EXP system works would mean that if there is no crime and only a handful of people online and there is only one cop, that cop would have a very high chance at gaining EXP.  This might sound like a stretch, but it happens a lot during the day when people are at school and there are a few Europeans or sick kids online.

And remember, a crime- and corruption-free city is a boring one!

We tricked SuperGod into doing /sad 5 times and got him kicked 7 times.

/sad?

/sad is a shortcut for entering the super admin password.