Author Topic: How long will Blockland be maintained?  (Read 4717 times)

No I'm pretty sure Badspot has his own master server.
Yes he coded the ASP(boo) himself.

That doesn't mean the brick, it means the entire fxdtsbrick system.
I said LOL because "octagon trees" sounded funny.

Why exactly is this in Drama now...?

Blockland will be maintained as long as it is profitable.  With the increasing rate of purchases, it will be maintained for a long time I'd guess.

Blockland will be maintained as long as it is profitable.  With the increasing rate of purchases, it will be maintained for a long time I'd guess.
It's not like we're going downhill...

OSHT

We're already on Blockland 12.

It's blockland version 12, blockland 2 would be another game instead of an update.

Blockland isn't that profitable. He gets a very small cut of each purchase for himself. Something like... $5. Over three years that'd really only about about what... $80000, and from that, how much goes to new software and maintaining the server(s)?

Blockland isn't that profitable. He gets a very small cut of each purchase for himself. Something like... $5. Over three years that'd really only about about what... $80000, and from that, how much goes to new software and maintaining the server(s)?
$9.
He's made over $100,000 (That doesn't include possible hosting and master server costs) but you are right. It isn't something you can really live off of.
He DOES have a job aside from owning Blockland.

I can imagine badspot working at kfc

Thats mean...Blockland is pretty low maintenence I would expect.  We keep ourselves interested with the user-generated content.

Badspot: Welcome to KFC.
Some Blockhead: HOLY stuff OFIAFHNOAHWOFDA!!1!1!11! BADSPOT!
(Badspot runs to his car to get the banhammer)

It's not like we're going downhill...

OSHT
This is a more accurate display.

You have it all wrong.

As the days go back, we lose members!

You have it all wrong.

As the days go back, we lose members!

That's the inverse of mines which comes out to the same answer. We are gaining members.  :cookieMonster: