Author Topic: Cave Story edits - Characters and such. [Video]  (Read 4441 times)

If you have some of your own, you can post 'em here.

What I'm talking about is using Cave Editor (page here) to alter Cave Story characters. Also please post if you've gotten into the scripting and map-making of it, which would be awesome to see :P .. I haven't really been able to explore that aspect of editing it.

(The original is epic, of course, but it's fun to change things around a little)

My example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp6fWCa5ONM
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:57:55 AM by xC »

Which tool is to edit the characters? I wanna make me Brockrand Character. :3

EDIT: Learned how. But anyway, can you do me a favor xC? I want you to make my Blockland character. I am stuffty when it comes to spriting, anyway. I've been trying for like, two hours. Changing palettes, closing my accident, BLEH.
Pic of my character:

Please. D:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:31:42 PM by ultimamax »

Really nice edit dude.

Source code download won't open.

I lol'd
NO
NOW TAKE OUT YOUR BUILD TOOL AND MAKE TRANSPARENT 4x4x1s AROUND King AND PUT PRINTS BY IT AND TAKE OUT PRINTER AND WRITE: "AFK"!
QUICK! HE MUST NOT DIE

Thats sweet. Now edit all the enimies to look like blockland zombies.  :cookieMonster:

I can't seem to find the main character sprite sheet so I can edit it.

If you have some of your own, you can post 'em here.

What I'm talking about is using Cave Editor (page here) to alter Cave Story characters. Also please post if you've gotten into the scripting and map-making of it, which would be awesome to see :P .. I haven't really been able to explore that aspect of editing it.

(The original is epic, of course, but it's fun to change things around a little)

My example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp6fWCa5ONM
Do want
I can't seem to find the main character sprite sheet so I can edit it.
Data > MyChar.pbm :downs:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:55:59 PM by Meekl »

Data > MyChar.pbm :downs:
That's great and all, but it keeps saying it can't save for some reason.
Does this happen with anyone else?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:08:23 PM by Ector »

This is awesome from the very depths of win.

Bump

I tried to use the cave editor but every time i try to save the changes it shows an error box.

Bump
Holy stuff. Why?

Anyway...
Make sure that you went to File > Load > Doukutsu.exe, then went to Edit *.pbm.