Author Topic: Build a Tower (Gamemode idea)  (Read 498 times)

I was busy cleaning a pot with World of Goo music playing then I realised a fun gamemode would be a Tower Building one. Not a building competition or anything like that, a tower gamemode where you get limited or unlimited bricks but bricks have "Weight", bricks can only hold so much "weight" before destroying themselves under the weight of all the other bricks. This would force players to build more support for there towers, the bricks could be color coded for there weight stress load, like Green = No problems, Yellow = On its load, Red = Going to break in the next 10-20 seconds (This allows players to build support before it'd break). This could also be used to build bridges/structures challenges with brick load limits.

Sounds really awesome, I'd also suggest players having to "earn" bricks through some sort of game.

Sagezze made a realism mod, it registers weight and even the color of the brick (Stone = gray, wood = brown. Stone is heavier), so  I think this would be possible.

Sounds really awesome, I'd also suggest players having to "earn" bricks through some sort of game.
Sagezze made a realism mod, it registers weight and even the color of the brick (Stone = gray, wood = brown. Stone is heavier), so  I think this would be possible.

Like mining stuff and converting to bricks?

I had a very basic support system, it could probably be expanded into something like this.

So now we decide whether or not we're going to throw code around until something happens or just say "well, __ has ___, and ___ could happen" until someone makes one from scratch.

Well its up to who ever now, I just thought it'd be a fun change from Deathmatch related add-ons. God I hate DM in Blockland.

This would be nice even without the competition, as you could challenge yourself to build higher than you did the last time you played that game mode. Maybe this should have a client-sided "High score" table for you to check every so often, and it could also have the scores of other people on the server that you were on if it was running that game mode, if that is possible.