Author Topic: What about Team Fortress Classic?  (Read 1092 times)

I always hear you guys taking about Team Fortress 2, but how come I never hear you guys discuss team fortress classic? What was that like anyway?

TFC was basically tribes 2 but more serious
it wasnt cartoony
no voices(i dont think)
and the weapons were too realistic for its own good.
the scout looked like an umpire and had a spaz 12

TFC was basically tribes 2 but more serious
it wasnt cartoony
no voices(i dont think)
and the weapons were too realistic for its own good.
the scout looked like an umpire and had a spaz 12

The only voices you will hear are "Medic!" "Excuse me, I'm in need of medical attention". Without the popularity of TFC at the time TF2(or brotherhood of arms) probably would exsist. TFC has grenades, bunny hoping, concing, grenade jump. For most of the class you get your main weapon 2 forms of shotguns, a crowbar or medkit/knife. You could infect enemies as a medic, or gun down sentries with a nailgun/nailgrenade. Today there are some people playing, mostly bots and loosers who couldn't run TF2 and bought tfc hoping to enjoy it, but instead get mowed down and cry about how bad the game is. I do not find the game bad, people just suck at it and choose a modern source game over a older gldsrc game. Also TFC had the standard Blue and Red team and a Yellow and Green team.

I have TFC, I don't like it.

TF2 > FF > TFC
Cause bloom, cartoony graphics, removing a few weapons and grenades, removing bunny hop, watering a game down and anding the # 2 to the tile and releasing hats makes a game good.

Cause bloom, cartoony graphics, removing a few weapons and grenades, removing bunny hop, watering a game down and anding the # 2 to the tile and releasing hats makes a game good.
the fact that it is well balanced makes it good

the fact that it is well balanced makes it good
Lies, I can go scout get the FaN and Sandman and hide behind walls. I can stun some heavy run out blast them and hide behind a wall and quickly reload and do the same thing in seconds. Keep trying, I have more examples and reasoning.

At least TF2 doesn't have any horrid grenade spam.

At least TF2 doesn't have any horrid grenade spam.
But it has horrid Jarate spam(if you have been to some of the ones I go too.)

But it has horrid Jarate spam(if you have been to some of the ones I go too.)
Only if you have 3> snipers actually running up to the front lines in which they should really be sitting back.

Lies, I can go scout get the FaN and Sandman and hide behind walls. I can stun some heavy run out blast them and hide behind a wall and quickly reload and do the same thing in seconds. Keep trying, I have more examples and reasoning.

Play on servers that restrict you to basic weapons.