Author Topic: Anti-Saving addon  (Read 2717 times)

A addons that would prevent people form saving your build without your permission.  I already have had one person steal my build.  It could work much like a trust request. 

Also, YES I did use the search tool but nothing came up.

Then you must of searched wrong.

There have been a bunch of topics about this, answer is no.

Then you must of searched wrong.

There have been a bunch of topics about this, answer is no.

Just plain simple "no"?

Just plain simple "no"?
Search for the old threads for a more in-depth answer.

Just using what I can remember from scraps I've read here and there on the Forums, but having an "Anti-Saving" addon isn't possible. I think (And correct me if I'm wrong) that it's due to Saving being Client-Sided, so a Server-sided Add-On to prevent saving wouldn't affect the players saving bricks.

I could be completely wrong with that particular reason, but I'm sure that it's been said many a time, that it's not possible to stop people from Saving Bricks, for whatever reason.

Admin only saving, just like loading.

Badspot has taken measures to make sure everyone can save whatever they want.  It's a core feature of the game.

just put your name everywhere in the build, so you get credits for it

just put your name everywhere in the build, so you get credits for it
This.

Make both events and print bricks in hidden places, events because they are more hidden and prints because they can always disable your build if they're stealing it :D

Could be done I think. Not be my though.

Could be done I think. Not be my though.

No.  Bricks are stored on the client, so when a player goes to save them, they already have them.  All saving does is take the information the client already has about the bricks, then get the events for them and write it all out to a file.

No.  Bricks are stored on the client, so when a player goes to save them, they already have them.  All saving does is take the information the client already has about the bricks, then get the events for them and write it all out to a file.

In a simple way for idiots:

The bricks are saved to the cilent temporary, and permantly if you save.

This has been asked before.

NEVER

In a simple way for idiots:

The bricks are saved to the cilent temporary, and permantly if you save.
not permanently if you delete the bls file

not permanently if you delete the bls file
No stuff, sherlock.