Author Topic: A thought about conscience...  (Read 7188 times)

What if life itself is single, and only one chance to succeed? I question the existence of soul and conscience itself. All I can experience is the conscience of myself. What if this is a setup? Maybe life repeats itself the same for me, again, after death? How do I know that this isn't a big setup of life?

Then what does death mean? When does a soul reach its end? What if this life of mine is just a setup, made to form and shape me exactly as it is doing to me now? Maybe I am the only one with a conscience, and that life will go exactly as to the way it will be. Maybe every advancement in science and life is made so that I come in to the exact point of time where it has developed to an extent of the time when I became conscious. Why did I become conscious at the time when email and internet exists? How was I destined to exist in a world where I'd be addicted to Blockland, and that I would just make this topic to discuss this thought? How do I know that this isn't a complete setup, that everything is controlled exactly to form my own self to the exact way it would be now, and that your replies would probably be destined for me to read?

And then, what happens after death? Do I lose all consciousness? Do I get suddenly reborn as another person in another life? Do I even get a second chance, without my knowing? I may have even gone through this in my past life, thinking these deep thoughts into the very existence of man and me!

Why am I not in the Stone Age, or time before that? Even all the stuff I have learned may have been what I learned in my past life! Why do I live in a world that has these specific names and words for everything, such as the Holocaust during WWII, and these words that I have typed now? What made it so that I would become conscious in this age of time?

And do any of you remember your childhood, when you were young as a baby? When did any of us become conscious? How do we even become conscious? Its as if suddenly at age four, or some other age, some time, you become conscious, and remember things you know now? How do I know that your replies to this email will drive me into the future, and that, again, its all a setup?

How did we even create a belief in a God, or a spirit high in the sky, "watching" down upon us all? Is it because we all may have this integral sense of that, since we all are controlled by this high spirit? How do I even know that you people, that I type this topic to, even have a conscience?

And no, this isn't a religious topic about how "God" exists. I am talking about the actual existence of you people who reply, and why you say the things you would say to me and to the rest of the people who read this.

I may have delved too deeply in this subject. Discuss.

Conan has earned the achievement Deep thinker

Conan has earned the achievement TL;DR
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 12:46:40 PM by Conan »

Ya know what's annoying? Hearing people post about their meaningless deep thoughts and realizing, "Hey, I've thought about that before but didn't think it was important enough to put on the internet"

Conan has earned the achievement TL;DR

How did we even create a belief in a God, or a spirit high in the sky, "watching" down upon us all? Is it because we all may have this integral sense of that, since we all are controlled by this high spirit? How do I even know that you people, that I type this topic to, even have a conscience?
Or, quite possibly, we think there is a God because in the beginning of time our first ancestors (Adam and Eve if you're a Christian) actually knew God existed.

I have nothing against these "deep thoughts" unless the person who has thought of them uses them (the thoughts) to feel as if they are superior to their peers because they have thought of them.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 12:46:21 PM by Zenthrox »

Ya know what's annoying? Hearing people post about their meaningless deep thoughts and realizing, "Hey, I've thought about that before but didn't think it was important enough to put on the internet"
And it still isn't!

I knew someone was going to flame.

I don't use these to think I'm superior, actually, these thoughts made me contemplate Self Delete for a few seconds.

I don't use these to think I'm superior, actually, these thoughts made me contemplate Self Delete for a few seconds.
Once in a while I go into deep thinking, but more from a Creationist side.

Sorry if you thought so, but it wasn't a flame. Simply a sentenced formed of annoyance in the shape of a flame :3 It is my own matter that I think about these things and not chose to post them, you have done no wrong.

Sorry if you thought so, but it wasn't a flame. Simply a sentenced formed of annoyance in the shape of a flame :3 It is my own matter that I think about these things and not chose to post them, you have done no wrong.
Not to insult you, but then again, this could be a "setup"...

lololol.

Or, quite possibly, we think there is a God because in the beginning of time our first ancestors (Adam and Eve if you're a Christian) actually knew God existed.
Then why did Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Roman, Chinese, Indian, and Japanese mythology ever exist?
We created gods as a way of explaining the (then) unexplainable. Back then, Poseidon created waves and storms. Obviously, we can now explain that scientifically. Science takes over as we explain things thought unexplainable by religion. A hundred years ago, Evolution was absolute blasphemy. Now we're starting to prove it, and even CERN is working on explaining how matter is created. We could potentially prove, scientifically, how Jesus could walk on water, and even recently a scientist proved that it'd be impossible for Angels to fly.

To me, gods and religion are like remnants that people won't let go of. Even if we could 100% disprove the existence of a god, people would still call shenanigans and claim God still exists.

I'm not saying there isn't a god, or that we will disprove it. But what I'd really like people to do is to learn to question their beliefs and stop following blindly.

Science is a religion. Oh stuff, that was a devide by zero cunundru-