Author Topic: Modelers Needed (You will be payed!)  (Read 39521 times)

-snip-

First of all I asked Racer if he wanted to make the whole pack and he said no. However, I like Pandan's models and I think it's a bit unfair to make a comparison using those pics. People already use a variety of weapons modeled by a lot of different people, so I doubt different styles would bother anyone.

It bothers me.

I like low-poly models, like Kaje's. Racer's models are closer to that than Pandan's. A LOT CLOSER.

Pandan's models are low poly

???
Do you even know what low poly means? lol
Quote from: chasey
Pandan's doesn't even have a hole in the barrel because, that's his "style". Whereas Racer's is pretty detailed and true to a real M4 more or less. Also, please upload videos of the reload animations.

It has a hole now. I have it in game.

Pandan's models are low poly
I wish I could record my laughter and post it, however I have lost my microphone.

I actually think that you might be jealous that he's getting money for his work, when you're not.
Lol.

Okay, reasons for Pandan's weapons sucking.

1.) No hole for bullets to come out of.
2.) "Lazy Triggers".
3.) Lacking simple details.
4.) Funky colors.
5.) Models are overall ugly and look rushed.

Ak47
1.) Receiver isn't true to real Ak47.
2.) Magazine appears to be jetting out of the gun, should be darker and a tad bit thinner.
3.) Lacking simple details as stated.
4.) Plate at the end of the stock.
5.) Bad colors.
6.) Ugly compared to other models.

Scout
1.) Once again, lacking details.
2.) Once again, lacking hole in barrel.
3.) Once again, lazy trigger.
4.) Bad scope.
5.) Not correct scale.
6.) Bolt is clipping into the rest of the gun.

M249 SAW Para
1.) And again, lacking details.
2.) And again, lacking hole in barrel.
3.) And again,lazy trigger.
4.) Funky looking barrel.
5.) Bad magazine.
6.) No front sight.
7.) Stock looks really strange.
8.) No carry handle.

:cookie:

@Block Builder - It's not variety, it's inconsistency.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:56:48 PM by chaseyqurt »

I wish I could record my laughter and post it, however I have lost my microphone.
You obviously don't know what polys are, Chrono.

You obviously don't know what polys are, Chrono.
I think he does. You're models aren't HIGH poly (I've done work on both sides), but you're not trying to conserve polys either. I bet if you gave me the development files I could find quite a few faces you don't need.

Oops, when I was looking at that image comparison, I had them backwards.
I will disagree with chasey. In Blockland, things with less detail fit better.
However I still don't think Pandan's are fitting enough for Blockland.

In this circle, is a mess of quite a few polys.
Sure, if this model were not flat shaded, that would look pretty nice, however we all know non-flat shaded models simply do not belong in Blockland.

Since it is flat shaded, and absolutely needs to be, this part here looks like an eyesore.

In this circle, is a mess of quite a few polys.
Sure, if this model were not flat shaded, that would look pretty nice, however we all know non-flat shaded models simply do not belong in Blockland.

Since it is flat shaded, and absolutely needs to be, this part here looks like an eyesore.
I don't think he needs to smooth shade it, I think he just needs to tweak his normals.

I don't think he knows that normals are though.

I don't think he needs to smooth shade it, I think he just needs to tweak his normals.

I don't think he knows that normals are though.
friend. I know perfectly well what normals are.

I may not have the proper tools to tweak them to exactly how I want them with milkshape.
But it doesn't mean I don't know what they are.

/rage

And as for that stock, I fixed most of the triangulation.
It doesn't even look like that anymore.

I'm not talking about a boat load of detail but, even a little more would make the model alot better. Take this for example.

It has more detail and overall is better than Pandan's model.

I know he doesn't need to smooth shade it, because I already said models like those don't go in Blockland.
I'm not sure what normals are, so I'll let you handle the rest.

I'm not talking about a boat load of detail but, even a little more would make the model alot better. Take this for example.

It has more detail and overall is better than Pandan's model.
OK

THIS TOPIC IS NOW OFFICIALLY ABOUT RANTING ON PANDAN'S MODELS.

GO.

You have a right to express your opinion. But the excessive amount just proves that you have other un-related quarrels with me.