Author Topic: Price of a used NES+2 Controllers+Zapper+SuperMarioBros/DuckHunt/TrackRunners  (Read 1783 times)

Keep it, people would pay a fortune for that in the future.

I'm not asking for investment suggestions, I'm asking for what it's worth right now.

>:I

I'm not asking for investment suggestions, I'm asking for what it's worth right now.

fail

Keep that stuff.

You could still sell it for 70$

But keep it, and sell it for moon rocks.

$70.

But it's worth it to keep it.

Keep that stuff.

EDIT: Makeapoll

1:Keep it

2:Sell it

EDIT2:inb4poll

He doesn't want suggestions he wants to know on how much to sell.

70$

But keep it.

70$
Sure, if you just type NES into ebay and check the price on the first page. Flipping through the consoles shows that a much more reasonable price is between $10 and $20, and even the ones that are going for that much tend to ship with several games and accessories included.

All of the ones being sold for over $50 are being sold by one or two stores that are just trying to rip people off who don't know any better. I can't imagine they're actually selling any because they just are not worth that much. Last time I went to a used game store that sold NES systems (about 10 years ago) the games were running about 99 cents apiece and the systems weren't much more. There were just piles of games and consoles everywhere and nobody wanted to buy them.

This is still the case now. Nobody wants these systems for gaming anymore, they break a lot and most of the games are available on the virtual console now. The roms have almost been online since the Internet gained popularity. It's safe to say that anybody who wants to just play the games already has a system or something they can run on.

It's collectors who want them and there's just so many out there now that market is saturated. If you plan on selling it for much more than $20 there has to be something special about it that a collector would want. Maybe it's a special edition one that came in a certain color, maybe it was made before a certain year, or it's got the original packaging and manuals. You can charge a bit more for that.

If you want to hold on it and sell it for more, fine. Be prepared to hold onto it for a long time, possibly 40 or 50 years. I don't think people in this thread understand just quite how ridiculously common these things are and are letting nostalgia get in the way of their judgment. You have to decide for yourself whether it's worth keeping it in a closet and carrying it around with you every time you move just so that you can sell it for $80 30 years in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I played the NES, I loved the games, I grew up on it. It was my first console ever. If I still had it, I would have still sold it for $5 at a garage sale in a heartbeat. Unfortunately it was destroyed several years ago in a flood and I just threw it out. That's something else you have to consider - can you keep it safe for long enough for it to be worth something?

If you're still interested in selling, I've found a similar package to yours (except they were selling it with 14 games instead of 2 (assuming duckhunt and mario are on the same cartridge)) going for 30 dollars now after 9 bids. The starting bid was $10. Chop off a dollar for each game and you've got the much more reasonable price of $18. You should probably pick $10 as your starting bid though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004SVYQ/sr=8-1/qid=1262659038/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=1262659038&sr=8-1&seller=&colid=&condition=new

almost $900?

i brought a snes when i can and do emu the games anyway, just because i had one when i was younger that broke and i still had some games for it. But i love the old systems anyway :P
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:37:58 PM by tails »

OK!

Bidding starts at,ONE LINT BALL!