Poll

Do you support/would you use a new Server Discussion forum?

Yes.
17 (85%)
No.
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Server Discussion - With the new portforwarding fix...  (Read 711 times)

With the new portforwarding fix, there is going to be a hell of a lot more servers than before at any given time.

In light of this change, I suggest that a subforum (possibly of the Gallery) be made, for threads pertaining to servers. This would help to keep General Discussion and the Gallery itself clear of threads about servers rather than Blockland and its builds.

I do not feel that further elaboration is necessary.

Today was a record-high for servers since 18 Oct 2009 05:00:00 GMT

Similiar to that of RtB's Servers and Societies board?

If so, yes. I support this. it would a great way to read about other player's servers in advance, and to get a sneak peek on whats happening. Even Badspot could make a thread for his server, it would be interesting but bandwagoned to hell.

I do not like Port forwarding fixes sorry but no offense Every noob opens servers and most of them dont know how to speak and we spent like 4 hours to port forward and those spend 0,000000000001 secs to forward

I do not like Port forwarding fixes sorry but no offense Every noob opens servers and most of them dont know how to speak and we spent like 4 hours to port forward and those spend 0,000000000001 secs to forward
ok, so we can make hosting really complicated and for some people not even work, or we can introduce a simple fix which allows everyone to have the choice of hosting a server

yep, i totally see where you're coming from

I don't understand why so many people are opposed to the new fix, if they thought about it there's gonna be a lot more servers hosted by people who know what they are doing, but could never host before now.

That means a much greater variety of gameplay, and possibly a few new game-modes springing out of this whole thing.

there's gonna be a lot more servers hosted by people who know what they are doing, but could never host before now.

Like me, but I am a bit rusty since it's been over a year

What?! 4 Hours?
It took me 1 minute before the fix..

This is certainly a good idea.