V14 Clarification

Author Topic: V14 Clarification  (Read 34186 times)

-What is UPnP?
A protocol that allows programs to tell the router to port forward automatically.
-How would I be able to stop my router from randomizing UDP origin Ports?
Look around at your settings, you may not to be able to, but port forwarding should fix it anyways.

Bug:

Clear spam bricks will clear bricks that are built into terrain, but are also build on to baseplates.

What about if I have a Motorola SURFboard® Cable Modem my Apple airport? (No router) Picture Then how would I host a server?

I had problems in v13 with texture cache that was fixed by disabling some bufferobjects pref, but now it's back. What should I do to fix it?

Badspot

• Administrator
I had problems in v13 with texture cache that was fixed by disabling some bufferobjects pref, but now it's back. What should I do to fix it?

Options->Advanced->Disable Vertex Buffer Objects
(bottom of first section)

What about if I have a Motorola SURFboard® Cable Modem my Apple airport? (No router) Picture Then how would I host a server?
Try hosting, and have a couple people try to join and message back here if it doesn't work.
Turn on disable buffer objects again, the update turned it off.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Yeah, what he said.

I think it's the router, not the OS.

Really? I answered you silly question with the very next post, where I answered another of your questions.
The OS of your computer does not make a difference, the feature works by talking to your router and telling it to forward the ports.

Oh, I thought you were refering to someone else, lol.

Edit: Alright, I guess you're right. I'll try it out
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:05:20 PM by NinjaMaster »

Badspot doesn't have access to every router ever made to test.  Try yourself and only post if it doesn't work.  It should work and does work for almost all routers.

I can't join servers with --- ping.

It keeps saying "sending punch packet"

Odd UnPn is on, but Saxophone can't join my server.