Author Topic: Face Of Mankind  (Read 10410 times)

I'm R2 in New York City Precinct now (LED)

anyone else still play?

Bump
Im going to make a new char, he's going to be a GoM named Bill Sasukex.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 07:55:50 PM by Slugger »

I'm still playing this. :P

I'm still playing this. :P
Is it any good? I heard FoM really sucked.


Its ok
If anyone needs a drug dealer, pm Fiery Bill

Is it any good? I heard FoM really sucked.
It's not "horrid", per-say, it's just really, really, REALLY boring and frustrating. That's it, the only word for this is "boring".

There's TWO things to do in this game.
A. PvP: Defend flags or something. Not legitimate action, really boring. You can play a thousand TPS and none of them will require a monthly payment, it's not like this has any advanced gameplay mechanics to make it somehow better.
B. Mine/Craft. Watch a timer tick down. Mining/Crafting use the same UI, it's literally just watching a timer. Boring.

There's no depth, no fun, nothing intuitive; There's just nothing here. The "quests" (see: Objectives) are commissioned by the faction leaders (you will never be one as it requires constant supervision, it's a loving job at this point, not a game), and usually consist of "walk around for 25 minutes" or "mine 100 X".

Not to mention there's no tool tips or in-game tutorial. There's a 30-minute video that comes completely separate. That alone is horse stuff, not to mention it doesn't really cover any ground (this is how you press A). When I played, I got ganked like 3 times because the stupid loving game didn't tell me that doing an objective was ACTUALLY attacking something ("hacking").

Again, it's hardly a game. There's no real accomplishment here. It's more of a job, a really boring job. There's no XP, no leveling up so you can at least get the illusion of accomplishment (I'm aware there's some "faction rank" bar stuff). If there are any hidden mechanics I'm missing like being a governing body or something, I stand by what I say; You shouldn't need to work at a game to make it fun, it should already be fun. I REALIZE IT IS STILL IN BETA, but right now (and probably in 2 years), it's extremely bland.
tl;dr it's a more complicated rp server, not an mmo.


tl;dr it's a more complicated rp server, not an mmo.

Did you join the right faction?

Did you join the right faction?
FDC is a good faction to join from the start, also to advance in rank to corporal in FDC you need to pass the 101 Test and have 25k exp. The 101 test is run by a guy named Jake Logan and they often run a big group that you'll get a stuffload of exp from.
tl;dr it's a more complicated rp server, not an mmo.
Which is why its a fun game to play for some of us.


Also still if you need drugs, message me

Did you join the right faction?
I tried 3 of them.

There's no difference.

I tried 3 of them.

There's no difference.

LED Sucks
Mercs rule out people who suck at combat
EC is ok
CMG is ok
FDC is organized and fun to be in
BoS is fun to make drugs and sell
GoM is one that I don't know about, ask chex about them
VC is an ok faction

And there is a loving difference, I've played almost all the factions, if you like organized stuff then join FDC, if you like ganking join the mercs, if you like production join EC, CMG, and VC, if you like making drugs and fighting alot join BoS, if you like jailing people and using stun guns join LED.
And please tell me the factions you tried

Mercs are friends and BoS are cool.

Mercs are friends and BoS are cool.
Inorit?
You want 1337 drugs boosters? Im desperate to sell them lol

Double toast bump with buttered side landing up.

Ever since I joined GoM its been a fun time, our leader said this

Someone asked what he was going to do tonight and whatever it must be must be fun
Quote from: Sain Solitare
right im going to chain myself to bed, pay a hooker to whip me severly,
Think about dietrich in a thong and masterbate to furries and I should sleep well
Quote from: Faction Chat a Few Lines After
Joeseph Doe: kos led outside friday
Dain Solitare: ^screenshot worthy
Keltic Lupinous: Woot~~~~"
Chexguy(yes we all know chexguy):wat