Author Topic: Colour Picker - The end of coloursets?  (Read 798 times)

I was thinking that Blockland should have something like this:

That would completely remove the need for coloursets. It would give an almost unlimited possibility of colours.

And like BobAndRob's mod, you could /getColor or something if you like a colour someone picked and use it yourself.

I think this would be one of the coolest things to hit Blockland ever.

It would be a lot harder to fit it into save files and to load stuff, not to mention the amount of datablocks it would use.

It would be a lot harder to fit it into save files and to load stuff, not to mention the amount of datablocks it would use.
Not really, it would use less datablocks than the current system if it was done in a really hacky way. However, it would require that the spraycan (or emitters if you want to avoid hacky stuff) always be the same color as well as a change to the game's C++ coding.

a change to the game's C++ coding.
Exactly. I don't think it's worth an engine modification just to fix something that isn't broken.

It's not like we have limited space in save files.
The only problem it would bring is that it would increase the (up)loading time, and ghosting time.

@Topic: Here are some quotes from a topic I made some time ago.

Transferring over five times as many bits for color data has some implications on load times for larger builds...
Choosing your build colors from a well designed palette of 64 colors will look better than having access to all the colors in the world. It is a limitation but it is one that makes the game better.

No...and the 'end of XXX' topics (the brick menu one included) are both too complicated, have huge flaws and would be impractical