Author Topic: Some more default-like content.  (Read 2446 times)

Everything people make always seem to be based on something, or have very specific names.
Examples: Halo Battle Rifle, or the FX4D-832X.
They usually tend to have more than quadruple the detail of the default weapons and such.
They usually also use colors you would see on real guns, using real (and annoying) sounds.
They also sometimes have hands all over them and weird animations that don't go with the shoulder.

We need more content that looks and feels like default add-ons.
Examples: Shotgun (Ephi's), Stunt Plane (Kaje's)

Simple names like the default ones. See how they're just named Sword, Gun, and so on?
And look at the detail on these, they look so basic. You know, something that actually fits in with the game.
Look at the colors too. Guns Akimbo are blue. Do you see blue guns lying around?
Listen to the sounds in the game. Do they sound realistic?
Look at the animations on the weapons. They're pretty basic.

We need more simple stuff like this. Stuff I would use.

Some examples of what people could make:

Car, Machine Gun, Machine Guns Akimbo, Stick (anyone remember rtb 1.045 sumo matches?), Ballista, come up with more.
This is the kind of stuff that makes it into the default game, like the row boat and the pirate cannon.

The whole hats idea I don't mind, if they actually look like they suit the game. Some basic hats would be nice.

I'm also capable of scripting.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:18:10 PM by Chrono »

I agree with this, because of the reasons you said and this might make more people buy blockland.

Hey look! This topic got barely any attention because it didn't involve content from a popular movie/game!

Bump.

I think that'll stir up some attention.

Didn't work. Changing title back to normal.

I love the idea.
I want to see this happen as well.

I like it, I just don't have anything to add. There are only so many default-like things you can have.

All I think should become default is Ephi's sawn off shotgun. Ephi's old flamethrower. Kaje's Stunt plane, sniper and minigun.

We do need a good generic flamethrower.

All I think should become default is Ephi's sawn off shotgun. Ephi's old flamethrower. Kaje's Stunt plane, sniper and minigun.
That's probably my favorite weapon right there, and have already included it in my topic.

However, I would say no to sniper and minigun. We don't have enough bullet velocity for snipers, and I advise against increasing the max speed for the sake that everything is gonna end up being edited to shoot bullets at maximum velocity.
And for the minigun, I would say it's too big, and has too much recoil.

Lolwut, ballista?

I rather would like a catapult like i described previously in my suggestion topic.

But, yeah, some more default-like content would be nice to see.

A ballista is a more simple of a concept than a catapult when it comes to Blockland.

A ballista is a more simple of a concept than a catapult when it comes to Blockland.
But a catapult is not just a big bow that you can control like a vehicle. :P

Seriously, i find a catapult more of an attracting idea then a ballista.
Though, i would ike to see them both.
(InB4Heedicalking)

I completely agree with this topic. We need less themed content and more stuff that's actually fun to use.