Author Topic: BioShock graphics problems  (Read 1179 times)

To be honest, I've never played BioShock. But since BioShock 2 is coming out and I've heard such great things, I felt like I should play the first one finally. But, I've run into a bunch of graphics problems. Mainly, in the opening, it looks like this and I can't see stuff:

It's just a mess of black and particle/textures. I can't make out anything (as in nothing but fire and water mist)

Check the following.

Drivers
Compatibility
Running through steam? (Verify game cache)

Wasn't bought on steam, I've checked drivers, and compatibility is fine.

This computer was my dad's before I got it, and he's played it on high graphics on this computer. But it won't work now for some reason :C

It messes up if you have two monitors.

Try running in window mode

It messes up if you have two monitors.

Try running in window mode
Thanks for the tidbit, but I don't have two monitors.
 :cookieMonster:

Oh, and I've tried windowed. I'm reinstalling it to see if that was the problem.

I can't make out anything (as in nothing but fire and water mist)

thats all you can see anyway even with the graphics :D

thats all you can see anyway even with the graphics :D
Lol.

Start>Run or Windows Key + R
Type in "dxdiag" without quotes and press enter.
Wait for it to gather information.
Click "Save all information" and save it as a text file.
Upload it here.

Lol.

Start>Run or Windows Key + R
Type in "dxdiag" without quotes and press enter.
Wait for it to gather information.
Click "Save all information" and save it as a text file.
Upload it here.
Wasn't bought on steam, I've checked drivers, and compatibility is fine.

This computer was my dad's before I got it, and he's played it on high graphics on this computer. But it won't work now for some reason :C

Well CC, just in case.

Here you go, Gen.

Pixel Shader 1.1 is needed.

Go scrape the bacon grease off your face. People who know what they're doing are busy talking here.

Go scrape the bacon grease off your face. People who know what they're doing are busy talking here.
oh wow do you really think that offends me anymore so stfu boy and go masturbate somewhere else!

oh wow do you really think that offends me anymore so stfu boy and go masturbate somewhere else!
You're a loving dumbass, seriously. That was completely irrelevant to anything in this thread.
It needs shader 3 anyway, where the forget did you see that bioshock needs shader 1.1?

All of you nits, quite. It says nothing about shader model 3, I looked in the manual for forgets sake. As I've said before, I've seen it being played on this computer before. I doubt it is the graphics card.

How old is the computer, maybe there is something wrong with the graphics card since you saw it played before? Perhaps it needs to be cleaned, dust can cause overheating, I believe.