Have you updated to Windows 10?

Yes
50 (57.5%)
No (Post why below)
37 (42.5%)
Mac doesn't support Windows 10
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Author Topic: Window 10 is almost a year old.  (Read 5416 times)

Why does Windows 10 work flawlessly for some, break completely for some others, or cause a few problems here and there for everyone else?

For the most part it's worked fine for me, both installing and using, but installations on previous systems have caused certain things to break or slow down

Everyone keeps blaming Windows 10 when it's almost entirely due to hardware/software incompatibility that is the responsibility of those manufacturers to deal with...

You guys need to realise that there are many, many parts to a PC, and unlike a Mac, Microsoft allows enough open-endedness (at least over Apple) that there's no guarantee everything will work with everything. The only way to prevent these kinds of issues from happening would be to lock the entire platform down and put everything through intensive standards testing, which only comes at a disadvantage to end users and developers alike.

Linux is further down the line than Windows in terms of openness (and is historically closer to Apple's OS), but it's not like that platform exists without issues (that said, it has less software than it has issues). If people want to use that, go ahead, but I still think Windows is the strongest platform and a lot of the "problems" from this launch come from years of bad programming and habits which Microsoft is starting to dust its hands of by removing a lot of the backwards compatibility and workarounds for.

Why does Windows 10 work flawlessly for some, break completely for some others, or cause a few problems here and there for everyone else?
it's almost like people have different computers

win 10 literally bricked my computer 3 times
i'm no computer wizard but it seems like you've got an ID10T error on your hands
my graphics design teacher would say this every time she believed that a problem with your computer was caused by user error

i'm no computer wizard but it seems like you've got an ID10T error on your hands
my graphics design teacher would say this every time she believed that a problem with your computer was caused by user error
uhh? i think i proceeded fairly well throughout my investigations into win10. first time i assumed it was unrelated due to the cpu overheating and crashing the computer, second time i assumed it was software incompatibility, third time i realized it was hardware incompatibility. i don't think most people would've done much better

uhh? i think i proceeded fairly well throughout my investigations into win10. first time i assumed it was unrelated due to the cpu overheating and crashing the computer, second time i assumed it was software incompatibility, third time i realized it was hardware incompatibility. i don't think most people would've done much better
shh its a joke

Windows 10 hasn't given me any problems other than some issues I had a long time ago where explorer.exe would crash. But they stopped. And it was mainly my fault for updating onto a computer from 2007.

Forgot how long I've been using it for.

Windows 10 is a great. Got it the day it came out and haven't had a single issue.

People calling Windows 10 bad just have old or incompatible parts and are better off sticking with 7, but that doesn't mean you should never upgrade and call 7 the better OS.

upgrading OS's always seems to cause compatability issues (even like XP -> Vista, 7 -> 8)

Fresh install of 10 on my main PC has been working flawlessly. always do a complete wipe/reset after upgrading to avoid issues

I draw a line when I have to use external mods to get my OS to do what I tell it to. forget 10.

I draw a line when I have to use external mods to get my OS to do what I tell it to. forget 10.

What external mods are you trying to use?

im good with windows 8.1, i've had absolutely no problems with it at all, except for it not being able to run a few old games but that's it

im good with windows 8.1, i've had absolutely no problems with it at all, except for it not being able to run a few old games but that's it

yeah windows 8.1 has been great on my laptop and im relatively fine with it

i dont understand everyone's beef with it

my computer can't switch so i'm stuck on 7 until I get a new computer sometime in the future