Author Topic: R.U.S.E Open beta  (Read 7401 times)

Yay I beat the easy computer

although i still find myself turtling under a time limit

I can't play the beta :C I get an error on the starting of the game. Which you lost.

I haven't played it yet, installing right now, but is it played like it is in the pictures, kinda like a boardgame, or can you swap between those modes? (I mean the pictures posted here.)

Yay, I suck at this game. :cookieMonster:

I forgot to start the download again this morning. :(

Played some more, I've grown to dislike 1945 mode.

I've played 1/10th a game and I STILL can't figure out how the hell to play this game, someone hjalp meh.

Is there only the one map? It's all I can play.

Fun though.

So, I played my first online mtach. It was a 1v1v1 but one guy dropped, so I was left fighting this new guy. He told me to lay off for a bit cause he didn't know how to play. Half battle time hits and I say im going to start attacking now and he's like k.

So I sent a recon plane and saw he had some aa so i kept bombarding him with arty. I look away for a moment and he like 5 loving long toms hitting me. I was playing germans so I built some of their prototype arty but he had more.

luckily, his arty couldnt stop my tanks and bombers so i forgeted stuff up and he lost.

close though, he had way more points than me before i killed his arty.

edit:


11:37 AM - Antallion: hahahahah, loving awesome match
11:37 AM - Antallion: i was playing with someone fairly new
11:37 AM - Antallion: i kinda am too but not so much now
11:38 AM - Antallion: he did some preliminary attacks, I had ambushs in towns and defensive structures which destroyed them
11:38 AM - Antallion: he sends dummy planes ad tanks at me
11:38 AM - Prunelord: preliminary or preemptive
11:38 AM - Antallion: and i can tell he's gonna send real planes in the dummies
11:38 AM - Antallion: preliminary really, just some early stuff
11:38 AM - Antallion: not preemptive to stop me from taking places
11:39 AM - Antallion: so i had a quick look with a fighter, no AA
11:39 AM - Antallion: sent 2 bombers at his airfield
11:39 AM - Antallion: BAM
11:39 AM - Prunelord: lol
11:39 AM - Antallion: i get lime 400 points
11:39 AM - Antallion: and he has no money and no units
11:39 AM - Antallion: hes just like
11:39 AM - Antallion: OH YOU SON OF A BITCJ
11:39 AM - Prunelord: lol
11:39 AM - Prunelord: fail
11:40 AM - Antallion: so yeah he ended up surrendering after one last attempt
11:40 AM - Antallion: i got a total victoy
11:40 AM - Antallion: at leats 70% more points than the other player


so, who wants to play some RUSE?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:34:59 PM by Antallion »

I will
Steam name is Marcem7121, if you don't have me.

Infantry are almost completely useless. Get light tanks instead.

Infantry are almost completely useless. Get light tanks instead.
Wrong.

Sneak attacks are devastating if used well. Also, cheap recon.

In any case, I've played some more again. I dislike 1945 because of the prototypes-- they tend to be LOTS AND LOTS OF EXPLOSIVES CONSTANTLY. Earlier times is where it's at.

I'd like to arrange a 2v2 side by side, non-1945.

Wrong.

Sneak attacks are devastating if used well. Also, cheap recon.

In any case, I've played some more again. I dislike 1945 because of the prototypes-- they tend to be LOTS AND LOTS OF EXPLOSIVES CONSTANTLY. Earlier times is where it's at.

I'd like to arrange a 2v2 side by side, non-1945.

morser artillery is where it is at

Also france's prototype tank looks awesome, but I haven't had a chance to try it out.

I'll join you in a non-1945 2v2 though.

Infantry are almost completely useless. Get light tanks instead.
tanks cant capture buildings or ambush

I still only play against a computer for like 5 minutes and then give up, I can never get into RTS games because they require knowledge to be good at. FPS and RPG games I am always naturally a pro straight at the start. I am not getting beat by the comp either in fact I've never even had it attack me or I attack it, just can't get into it.

This game gets into the action pretty fast considering RTS games.