Poll

What secondary giant creature would be best?

A cow
A strange alien creature
A horse
A bull

Author Topic: Block and White - v2  (Read 17560 times)

(inc exactly duped events)

By this I mean using more than two sets of the exact events I have here.

I know many evented things may have elements of this and I won't kill you (much)

I call first tester!  :cookieMonster:

Edit: Wait, how do we get any more Build Power?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:17:50 PM by boodals 2 »

I call first tester!  :cookieMonster:

Edit: Wait, how do we get any more Build Power?

You build the mine, then click the + on the control board under the ? which says build power is XXX

It timesout for 15 seconds

But no...not first tester...first tester was Mist on a not quite finished version

-1 vote on the 'yes' vote...I had to vote to see the result without clicking edit each time

It seems that your Prompt Events are broken, when i load the save, before the OnPromptAccept events, its "Client > CenterPrint > "1" "3" "... Ive tried to add the Prompts in manualy, but that isnt working somereason. No console errors, and i cant think why it isnt working..

Edit: The Army Buying thing is broken, you used "OnVariableTrue > SELF > IfVariable > "population" "=>" "50" "3 6" " instead of "OnVariableTrue > PLAYER > IfVariable > "population" "=>" "50" "3 6" "

Instead of using Player variable targets, use Client. If its player, when you die you loose the Variables, when client you keep them throughout the game.

Edit 2: The Citizen Editor doesnt work, the Tele sends you to the temple :/

This seems really buggy. Ive noticed that the Fires dont accualy damage anything unless you decline them.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:52:16 PM by boodals 2 »

Temple looks like its one of the giant Norse houses from BnW1.

I hope the temples won't be "place them anywhere" like in BnW2 but be like one central spot and if it gets destroyed you die/lose.

Haven't played it, but I really want to.

Hey, can I have the link to the most recent VCE Var events?

Umm.. Event_toggleEventEnabled is default.

Anyway, this looks awesome, I think I shall try it out. :)

It seems that your Prompt Events are broken, when i load the save, before the OnPromptAccept events, its "Client > CenterPrint > "1" "3" "... Ive tried to add the Prompts in manualy, but that isnt working somereason. No console errors, and i cant think why it isnt working..

Edit: The Army Buying thing is broken, you used "OnVariableTrue > SELF > IfVariable > "population" "=>" "50" "3 6" " instead of "OnVariableTrue > PLAYER > IfVariable > "population" "=>" "50" "3 6" "

Instead of using Player variable targets, use Client. If its player, when you die you loose the Variables, when client you keep them throughout the game.

Edit 2: The Citizen Editor doesnt work, the Tele sends you to the temple :/

This seems really buggy. Ive noticed that the Fires dont accualy damage anything unless you decline them.

Fires - I know...I tried making the damage thing but it went all wierd...I will put that on if possible. At the moment, it's kinda like time-freeze for a disaster building. The issue is that the event paths and thingy need about 6 more events added in to 7 buildings via 7 timers and about 21 seteventenabled events within the buildings

Tele - It does that...For some reason when I load and resave, it misses off the editor...This probably means that I just overwrited the difficult buttons, also found in the editor

Player - On top of the wall is a templish thingy where you start...
Basically dying means the end of your god time, so when the events erase, you cannot get back into the game without admin...rendering you dead. STORYLINE WILL BE IMPROVED
I will spend about 7 hours or something rewriting ALL of the 100s of event lines which use player

Prompts - Hmm...screenshot it...I know they can be tempermental, but I do not know the problem you have....maybe version change

Army - Oops

I told you it was BETA :D. Now to fix all those problems
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:29:42 AM by Corbiere »

Haven't played it, but I really want to.

Hey, can I have the link to the most recent VCE Var events?

I didn't use it...hence the disablitity to save

Temple looks like its one of the giant Norse houses from BnW1.

I hope the temples won't be "place them anywhere" like in BnW2 but be like one central spot and if it gets destroyed you die/lose.

All of the buildings are in set positions, and the whole system of non-scripted eventing doesn't allow placing things at random...

The storyline needs work, admittedly, but since I couldn't really tell whether people liked it until I released it, the released version shows the things that need correcting.

Easter Holidays for me Starting Tomorrow, so I'll be working on this with more time during the day
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:25:30 AM by Corbiere »

Building events now clientsided...took lot shorter time that expected :D

Building events now clientsided...took lot shorter time that expected :D
about that, what about going into the file of the save, and using find and replace? :D

I cant get the Beta to work, And i cant find a few of the Required addons

And im just wondering, How do you actually start the game? i dont know how to build or anything because i dont have enough Build power or whatever. Sooooo How do i get build power
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:24:00 PM by Elphie »

Bump

And im just wondering, How do you actually start the game? i dont know how to build or anything because i dont have enough Build power or whatever. Sooooo How do i get build power
You build the mine, then click the + on the control board under the ? which says build power is XXX

It timesout for 15 seconds

Things this needs:
Remove Build Power.
Add Wood, Food, and maybe Ore and Mana.
Building costs Wood and (Ore?)
Make people accualy go somewhere, its annoying watching miners running about like crazy..
Make a better way to kill people than stepping on them (IE: Clicking them).
Make the buildings that you can buy show up as transparant, instead of non rendered.
Add trees that people chop to get wood.
Add Ore Mines that the people accualy mine, and maybe Ore Rocks that you can gather yourself.
Make farms gain Food.
Maybe add a Creature (FTW).
   + Creature Personality?
   + Creature training?
   + Creature Miracles?
Miracles (Cost Mana).
Alot of Bug Fixes.
Desiples?
Breeders instead of Houses gaining Villages?
Easyer way to control than Control Board?
People die without food, houses, and Age?

Its a long list, but it would seriously pwn.

EDIT: Ill get a Screeny of the Prompt events ASAP. Got it.

Where the "CenterPrint > "1" "3" " is where the Prompt should go (I think). I did not edit this in any way, and it was taken before i built the house.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:52:46 AM by boodals 2 »

Answer Quote

Things this needs:
Remove Build Power = Add Wood, Food, and maybe Ore and Mana. - These will go together...buildings will require such things to make
Make people accualy go somewhere, its annoying watching miners running about like crazy...
I didn't think much about movement...but if I can make a sort of patrol route for all people, that'd work
Make a better way to kill people than stepping on them (IE: Clicking them).
Onbotactivated initialise - As well as stepping on
Make the buildings that you can buy show up as transparant, instead of non rendered.
I'm not sure this would work, since that would mean they would have to change color...the houses use a lot of colors...better idea...i'll make them glow if they buyable
Add trees that people chop to get wood.
I gave up this with the mine, but i'll give it another go...it may be that the player must cut trees for wood and ores and stuff
Add Ore Mines that the people accualy mine, and maybe Ore Rocks that you can gather yourself.
see above
Make farms gain Food.
Build power will be replaced, meaning this will happen
Maybe add a Creature (FTW). Complicated, but possible
   + Creature Personality?
   + Creature training?
   + Creature Miracles?
Miracles (Cost Mana).
Again...yep
Alot of Bug Fixes.
Well...yeah
Desiples?
The sun god was kind of a prototype disciple, but i'll look into it
Breeders instead of Houses gaining Villages?
Maybe...the house number would limit the breeder...1 house = 8 max breeds for example
Easyer way to control than Control Board?
I'll redesign it
People die without food, houses, and Age?
Lol, complex but fun

Prompts - I might have a different version, cus it shows the actual prompt for me
What is the special addon for the event gui anyway?