Author Topic: Why won't my oblivion console add items?  (Read 1307 times)

For some reason, I can't use the "additem" command with my console on oblivion. I type this, is it some how wrong? "Player.AddItem [ID] 1" and yes I change [ID] to the id of the item I want. It won't work, no matter how many times I do it. I've tried clickig my character and typing "additem [ID] 1" I've tried typing "player.additem ironarrow 100" I've tried everything I can think of. Why can't I add items?

What does dying have to do with adding items?
For the record, I only die on oblivion if I want to. Self Delete jumping.

Why do you cheat on a game like this?

I don't cheat all the time. It just makes the game easier in some situations. like being an archer and carrying 1000 arrows. I can't carry them all without god mode(no encumbrance.) And I don't like to buy arrows over and over. I would rather have enough so I don't run out quickly. Just tell me why I can't add items!

You type in the items code value not it's name.

And running out of arrows is part of the fun :(

You type in the items code value not it's name.

And running out of arrows is part of the fun :(
I just use my bow just so i have an excuse not to use my bow and arrow in combat

sometimes you cant get back your arrows when they are clearly sticking through the head of something

sometimes you cant get back your arrows when they are clearly sticking through the head of something
i put 50 arrows into an ogre.
i get back 3.

I also hate that i cant pin anything to a wall :(

i put 50 arrows into an ogre.
i get back 3.

I also hate that i cant pin anything to a wall :(
You try pinning a body part to a wall with an arrow while the person is 2+ feet away.

You try pinning a body part to a wall with an arrow while the person is 2+ feet away.
isnt oblivion a game?

Oh heaven forbid a game that's not trying to be realistic in every area
Not even oblivion with it's hilariously glitchy gameplay.