Author Topic: Soul Silver/Heart Gold  (Read 364135 times)

Get some more money, you silly poor person.

I buy balls.

yeah....

No really. I have a stuff-ton of PP restores, escape ropes and different kinds of pokeballs.

I'm grinding on trainers in Platinum.

So guess what. Level 100 Blaziken.

Hawt.

My list of my team:
Their original trainers are me. No hax were used. Sparingly EV trained.

Salamence (Hydrolisk)
Lv100
Best area: offense (360 attack, 292 special attack, with hydro pump)

Alakazam (Psycho)
Lv100
Best area: Sweeping (350 Special attack, 312 Speed)

Blaziken (Phoenix)
Lv100
Best area: Offense (330 Attack, 265 Special Attack)

Aggron (Brick)
Lv98
Best area: Defensive rape (395 Defense, 294 Attack with Head Smash, no recoil. Stealth Rock))

Tentacruel (Tentai)
Lv50
Best area: Status and Defense (High defense/Special Defense, Toxic Spikes.)

And these two I interchange.

Marowak (Bash)
Lv50
Best area: Tank (high defenses, low speed. forget yeah, Thick club.)

or

Blissey (Joy)
Lv100
Best area: Health, Defense and status. (680 HP 306 Sp Def. Using ice beam or even Thunder can cause abnormalties because of ability Serene Grace. Gave Sweet Kiss and Softboiled as well)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:34:31 PM by Khorde »

I buy balls.

yeah....

No really. I have a stuff-ton of PP restores, escape ropes and different kinds of pokeballs.

Really? I only keep like at least 5 quick balls and 20 ultra balls at all time. Not to mention those 3 masterballs for shinies. I have other balls, but I neglect them.

I spend my money on Hyper potions, max Potions, Lava cookies, revives, and Some Full Restores. What I have left over, I use on vitamins.

Really? I only keep like at least 5 quick balls and 20 ultra balls at all time. Not to mention those 3 masterballs for shinies. I have other balls, but I neglect them.

I spend my money on Hyper potions, max Potions, Lava cookies, revives, and Some Full Restores. What I have left over, I use on vitamins.

I don't actually care about stat decreases, lol.

Every god damn zubat/crobat or whatever just yells and uses supersonic on me while i go "lolk noob" and OHko it with Hydro pump

I need to get Gym Leader's phone number so I can grind them.

Blaziken (Phoenix)
Lv100
Best area: Offense (330 Attack, 265 Special Attack)

yo

I don't actually care about stat decreases, lol.

Every god damn zubat/crobat or whatever just yells and uses supersonic on me while i go "lolk noob" and OHko it with Hydro pump
Yeah, you're a really terrible trainer. Try an online battle.

Khorde, brofist for Marowak.

yo

already have a level 100 Infernape :\

It was part of my Platinum team when I first got platinum. It was my starter :D

Yeah, you're a really terrible trainer. Try an online battle.

That's what I did.

Not online exactly, I did it with a friend.

Stat-decreasing moves don't do anything.

That's what I did.

Not online exactly, I did it with a friend.

Stat-decreasing moves don't do anything.

Not the way you're using them. Mean look a block help keep those bastards in battle, reduce them and kick their asses, one at a time.

Not the way you're using them. Mean look a block help keep those bastards in battle, reduce them and kick their asses, one at a time.
Yeah, that's true.

But what about those useless leer, growl and etc? They do nothing. They just lower your atk/def by 6 points and that's it. A wasted turn.

I have a Regirock who's stats are sub-par except for it's 512 defense.  :cookieMonster:

Any luck with Netbattle / Shoddy Battle?
I couldn't figure out how to activate the battle bot whatever for Shoddy Battle?

Mainly what I need is a server with teams of similar skill levels (I know how to play but none of the competitive tactics or how to use the special items like choice items effectively)

The problem is that they don't heal you fully.
Well, they're more helpful out of battle. If you've only lost 60HP you lose a quarter of the item rather than over half from the 200 heal.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:39:11 AM by Space Guy »

People discussing heal items: Get a Pokemon with Wish.

I couldn't figure out how to activate the battle bot whatever for Shoddy Battle?

Mainly what I need is a server with teams of similar skill levels (I know how to play but none of the competitive tactics or how to use the special items like choice items effectively)

The Pokemonexperte Server on Shoddy Battle has a battle bot you can challenge by left clicking on it in the player list, right-clicking on it once its highlighted, and selecting "challenge". I'm not sure what skill level it plays at, but you can always test different techniques against it.

Choice items are really easy to use once you figure out what to do and what not to do with them equipped. For example, it's best not to use any non-attacking moves unless you have a very carefully planned out strategy, with the exception of Trick (switches held items, can be useful for crippling one of their Pokemon with only one or two attacking moves).

With Band and Specs, you're mainly just packing a wide range of powerful moves that you can come in and spam until they switch in something that resists you. For example, if you get a Latias with Choice Specs and start using Dragon Pulse, they might send in a Steel type to take the hits easily. Therefore you're required to switch Latias out and come in later if you don't want it to be worn down. But, if you also teach something like HP Fire to Latias, then you can predict their switch into the steel type and hit it with a super-effective attack.

Scarf is used roughly the same way, but more often with non-attacking moves (although still very rare, since you have to switch out after). The main purpose of Scarf though is to come in, outspeed your foe, and take them out with a super-effective attack. For example, if they have a Gyarados who's used Dragon Dance, it's going to be faster than a lot of your Pokemon and can kill them. If you switch in, say, a Scarfed Jirachi after having one of them faint, you can outspeed and OHKO the Gyarados with ThunderPunch (best Scarf revenge killer IMO).

Yeah, that's true.

But what about those useless leer, growl and etc? They do nothing. They just lower your atk/def by 6 points and that's it. A wasted turn.
Yeah, they do. Lowering defense can be really useful against higher levels, and lowering attack will make it harder for them to kill you.